• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bill Everett!!

73 posts in this topic

There were all previously posted but what the heck...

861893-Menace5.jpg

861893-Menace5.jpg.5c70ff59481298120d7baa1f4efe0043.jpg

Here's another one that I posted about a year ago,that I picked up. Quite scarce, Metro has the Mile High copy " Killer". Great Sci-F- Battle cover by Everett!! BTW Happy 4th ,everybody!!

scan.jpg

Here's another cover for all Everett fans, as this 4th draws to a close.

aiww18.jpg

Punyman, your AMF v2#5 has long been a grail for me because of the cover, and one I have yet to add to my collection. What is the other issue (June) you posted, and is it signed by Everett?

Great book!! 893applaud-thumb.gif Answer to you question? Vol.2# 6 it's the next issue after the grail book your seeking . Check out the Gerber books for the complete run!! thumbsup2.gif And yes, Bill Everett signed on that cover ,its below the guy with the blue jacket on ,on the spaceship. sorry.gif my scan isn't that clear!! Take care!!

Puny - Thanks for the info. Here's an Everett panel from Romance Tales 8. Noteworthy are two of the sideshow advertisements. The second from the left reads, "See King Roman / The Fish Man," and the fourth from the left shows the "Human Flame."

rt8d.jpg

Great stuff!

Puny - Thanks for the info. Here's an Everett panel from Romance Tales 8. Noteworthy are two of the sideshow advertisements. The second from the left reads, "See King Roman / The Fish Man," and the fourth from the left shows the "Human Flame."

rt8d.jpg

Great stuff!

Sure does look like Namor to me. That's pretty awesome stuff. 893applaud-thumb.gif

headbang.gif That is so cool ,that Everett snuck that in that panel for the readers"fans,"or his own amusement.I love that kinda stuff when the artist used to sneak in their names or initials in panels in the old books. Publishers back then didn't want artists to sign their work. That's how some of the pioneers of this hobby gathered info ,such as Jerry Bails, Harnes Ware, Howard Keltner, etc. looking for this kind of stuff in alot of cases.BTW that fish man does look like Subby!! smile.gif

Convince Marvel to ret-con the 50s Subby and Torch so that they briefly suffered from amnesia after battling one-another and paraded around in a traveling freak show for a while - and you've got a new key.

Convince Marvel to ret-con the 50s Subby and Torch so that they briefly suffered from amnesia after battling one-another and paraded around in a traveling freak show for a while - and you've got a new key.

Oh boy! I'll be RICH!! (Note to self: Get Romance Tales 8 pressed and slabbed)