• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help me identify this comic.

10 posts in this topic

Hello everybody.

I cannot seem to find any information on this particular issue so I'm turning to the experts. I know that there is a title called "MYSTIC", but I can't match any issue to this cover and mine is from Miller Comics while the others are Atlas. Does anybody have some insight? Thanks for you time.

jD9hwGll.jpg?1

KKpAepNl.jpg?1

bdgUL1Cl.jpg?1

RwOmInSl.jpg?1

1 hour ago, AgonistesNix said:

Hello everybody.

I cannot seem to find any information on this particular issue so I'm turning to the experts. I know that there is a title called "MYSTIC", but I can't match any issue to this cover and mine is from Miller Comics while the others are Atlas. Does anybody have some insight? Thanks for you time.

jD9hwGll.jpg?1

Hello @AgonistesNix and welcome to the forum :headbang:

The comic in your picture is a 1965 L Miller UK reprint of the 1956 'Strange Stories of Suspense' #9 comic from Marvel / Atlas:

https://www.comics.org/issue/376512/

According to the GCD  (link above) the cover "derives from the splash panel of the source story."

Nice book!

34 minutes ago, AgonistesNix said:

Thank you so much, gentlemen. Not to push it, but do either of you have any idea of the value? I dabble in Silver, but mostly only the mainstream titles. I bought this with a lot years ago and came across it a few weeks ago.

You're welcome. Being a reprint, and not of a significant title / issue (i.e. it doesn't reprint AF15 or something like that) it has fairly low value in this grade I'm afraid. I can get a VG now for £8 online in the UK, there's a nice looking copy on eBay UK with a £4.99 opening price and a wildly speculative outlier at £52 listed on eBay Canada which, I would wager, will never sell in a million years of Wednesdays.

So not a retirement planner alas. But anything with a shilling price on it is a treasure, after a fashion :cloud9: