• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggestions on Shipping 11x17 prints

25 posts in this topic

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:09 AM, www.alexgross.com said:

selling and shipping prints is a significant part of how i make a living. my advice is DO NOT SHIP FLAT. any time i have done it i have regretted it. usps or ups will bend the #(%$* out of your packages. i use heavy duty mailing tubes and even then, about three per cent get smashed. insure your packages, whichever service you use. 

IMG_2073.jpg

GFQJ4352.jpg

I received prints lately and was expecting them to arrive in a tube.  They instead arrived rolled in a long rectangular box (think 3" x 3" x ~24").  While I imagine tubes are usually good enough, if OP is seriously concerned about safety, they could always get a tube and then place it in whatever long rectangular box I was given.  Effectively adding an additional layer of protection.  How much sturdier that makes it, I'm not entirely sure, but just a suggestion.

If you dont want to roll, use chip board.  all the stuff I've purchased from splash page art came in chipboard.
Image result for chip board

Anytime I've ever shipped something like that, I always ship flat, using unfolded USPS boxes, and I write on both sides in large letters "DO NOT BEND, FOLD, SPINDLE, OR MUTILATE".

So far, no problems.

:wishluck:

-slym