• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nightmare situation with eBayer / PGX
3 3

408 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Senormac said:

The idea that a page count would not be standard practice for any grading company who hopes to stay in business, just staggers me.  I hate CRIME and DISHONESTY.  

IMO this all lays at the feet of PGX who as a  "professional grading company" failed to correctly do their job.  The only other possibility is that something happened further downstream, which 

is not an impossibility (just watch any of the crime shows on tv)  and has much more sinister implications  :( 

Bad news, all the way around. I do wonder where the OP went....

4 minutes ago, Senormac said:

The idea that a page count would not be standard practice for any grading company who hopes to stay in business, just staggers me.  I hate CRIME and DISHONESTY.  

IMO this all lays at the feet of PGX who as a  "professional grading company" failed to correctly do their job.  The only other possibility is that something happened further downstream, which 

is not an impossibility (just watch any of the crime shows on tv)  and has much more sinister implications  :( 

Sometimes it's tough to tell if something's missing if you're just flipping through the book without actually looking and counting the pages as you go...  zzz

Every time I buy a book on ebay I do a page count, then I leave feedback.  I have found missing pages on a couple books.

2 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

Sometimes it's tough to tell if something's missing if you're just flipping through the book without actually looking and counting the pages as you go...  zzz

Not if THATS YOUR FREAKING JOB !!  :sumo::sumo: :sumo: 

On 8/15/2018 at 7:36 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

I have to go back to "unjust enrichment", since PGX didn't benefit from their mistake, but a seller did ...whoever the "original submitter/seller" is/was (and because of the grade date of this particular book, it's been assumed that the eBay seller is that person.)

You do keep going back to it, but like I pointed out, benefit is not a requirement for responsibility.  A car accident typically benefits no one, but someone often bears responsibility. 

2 hours ago, SteppinRazor said:

You do keep going back to it, but like I pointed out, benefit is not a requirement for responsibility.  A car accident typically benefits no one, but someone often bears responsibility. 

Not applicable, nor did I state that benefit was a requirement for responsibility.

A car accident results in damage for which someone is often responsible.

PGX presumably did not cause the damage at issue, and therefore aren't responsible for missing it.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus