• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice SA pickups from Heroes Convention...

14 posts in this topic

As some of you know from another thread, I was struggling with purchasing a FF Annual #1 or TOS #49 (plus a couple of other books) from Heroes this weekend. I went back today with the intention of buying the FF Annual (listed for $850). But, after taking another close look at it, I decided not to buy it. At best, it was an 8.0 with cream pages, and I felt like I could get another, nicer copy sometime in the future. I had looked at my TOS #49 and decided that my copy was almost as good as the one I was looking at (which was priced at $600!). Seller said it was a VF, and it was every bit that grade, but I passed. Finally went to another seller who had some very nice Silver Age gems, and after about an hour of picking through his books, which included a nice FF #27, Green Lantern #40 and JIM #112, I passed on those (for now). But, because I just love those old DC's, and these books just aren't seen in nice grade that often, I finally decided on the following...

I'm thrilled with the purchases although I had gone to the con with the idea of picking up some nice Marvels, I just couldn't pass on these old DCs. I left the door open with the seller to get some Marvel books in the future, although he did have a couple of nice Showcase 30 & 31 — Aquaman which I may have to grab while I can. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Also picked up this nice copy of My Greatest Adventure #80. I just love those old Doom Patrol comics and this is their first appearance.

855529-MGA80.jpg

My Greatest Adventure #80, IMHO, is an under-valued book. Good choice! thumbsup2.gif

Rahigh, great pick ups! 893applaud-thumb.gif

That B&B 42 is not often seen, particularly in high grade. If you've got a chance to pick up the Showcase 30 and 31, go for it! Neither is seen often, particularly the #31. If you get them, please share them on the 10 cent thread!

I'm thrilled with the purchases although I had gone to the con with the idea of picking up some nice Marvels, I just couldn't pass on these old DCs. I left the door open with the seller to get some Marvel books in the future, although he did have a couple of nice Showcase 30 & 31 — Aquaman which I may have to grab while I can. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

great pickups - congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbsup2.gif

i really loved all of those Hawkman tryout issues..................... cloud9.gif

I also like to look for early Atomic Knight appearances in Strange Adventures.

When did they first come across the dogs they ride? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not sure about the dogs, but I wish I had one that I could ride around on. I do love those old Atomic Knights also. I picked up their first SA appearance in Strange Adventures not too long ago.

856675-SA117.jpg

856675-SA117.jpg.0701d7f67792fe0957b1ae54a22729b6.jpg

I also like to look for early Atomic Knight appearances in Strange Adventures.

When did they first come across the dogs they ride? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not sure about the dogs, but I wish I had one that I could ride around on. I do love those old Atomic Knights also. I picked up their first SA appearance in Strange Adventures not too long ago.

856675-SA117.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif Nice!!