• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which is the true 1st Appearance of Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel?

83 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

Lots of old guys here. Seems you all are grumpy because the new generation is pushing you out. Nobody listens to your logic anymore

Boy, is THAT the understatement of the new millenium...

lol

It's true...lots of people have no time for logic anymore. Whatever feels good...that's all that matters.

12 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Lots of old guys here. Seems you all are grumpy because the new generation is pushing you out. Nobody listens to your logic anymore

lol

It's true...lots of people have no time for logic anymore. Whatever feels good...that's all that matters.

Take your logic, your facts, your well reasoned arguments...  and hit the trail, you grumpy old :censored:                lol

You guys just don't understand. The promotion in rank to "Captain" from "Ms." was quite substantial.

Just think what the issue where she becomes "Commander of the Pacific Fleet" will be worth...that issue will buy a new house.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

2 minutes ago, 500Club said:
15 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

lol

Take your logic, your facts, your well reasoned arguments...  and hit the trail, you grumpy old :censored:                lol

Old and outdated at 46. A relic. A dinosaur.

It was just yesterday that I was the smart-mouthed young whippersnapper, too. :cry:

22 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

People are nuts.  She was basically Captain Marvel when Ms. Marvel #1 debuted in the 70's.  Same color scheme and costume.  They would have called her Captain Marvel then, except the male version was still alive at the time.

Throwing huge money at a minor name change is foolish imo.

I Agree, but Mar-Vell never looked this good.  70's Kids RULE!!!!!!  This Cover would be Frowned upon now.  Now She looks like a Man in Drag

Ms._Marvel_Vol_1_17.jpg

14 hours ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

If you guys take your head out of your butt, a lot of people do care about preview books. Just because you hate them doesn't make them any less relevant.

You aren't the authority of what counts as a 1st appearance.

What me worry? (:

13 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Good point. You are the authority on what other people like. Just like the shirt you are wearing today. Everyone everywhere agrees it's awesome.

I'm not wearing a shirt today . . . and I look awesome!

4 hours ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

:preach: Why you little whipper-snapper you! Get offa my lawn!!! :preach:

49 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

I Agree, but Mar-Vell never looked this good.  70's Kids RULE!!!!!!  This Cover would be Frowned upon now.  Now She looks like a Man in Drag

Ms._Marvel_Vol_1_17.jpg

Yep, she was the Queen of getting her uniform torn off. :cloud9: 

15 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Good point. You are the authority on what other people like. Just like the shirt you are wearing today. Everyone everywhere agrees it's awesome.

Are you an authority on what other people like...? I imagine not. If not, how do you know someone else isn't?

What makes one an "authority"? 

And does one have to be an "authority" to point out that which is customary and observable?

22 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

"A green traffic light means GO."

"How do you know? Did you take a survey of everyone? Are you an authority on traffic lights and their meanings? Well, I guess it must be true, since you said it on the CGC board."

It is True because I have a Permit

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEduEHWLW6UiPA1Ww/giphy.gif

8 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Are you an authority on what other people like...? I imagine not. If not, how do you know someone else isn't?

What makes one an "authority"? 

And does one have to be an "authority" to point out that which is customary and observable?

Good question. That's the EXACT point I was making.

Also, if you bothered to read anything in the thread you would see my comment to what the market has decided.

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

Good question. That's the EXACT point I was making.

Also, if you bothered to read anything in the thread you would see my comment to what the market has decided.

lol

I read it all, hot stuff.

Say...is there any pumping and dumping going on here....? You never responded to my query about that in another thread...

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

lol

I read it all, hot stuff.

Say...is there any pumping and dumping going on here....? You never responded to my query about that in another thread...

Right on bro...you nailed me. I laid out a whole case of pump and dump. Backed up by FACTS. But that doesn't mean anything.

Just now, ygogolak said:

Right on bro...you nailed me. I laid out a whole case of pump and dump. Backed up by FACTS. But that doesn't mean anything.

Me too! My mom laid out a whole case of pump and dump the other day. It was backed up with fact, too!

Everyone's laying out pump and dump cases, backed up with facts. It's the latest rage!

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Me too! My mom laid out a whole case of pump and dump the other day. It was backed up with fact, too!

Everyone's laying out pump and dump cases, backed up with facts. It's the latest rage!

Yup, resorting to a mom "joke". Excellent point.