• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect and ComicLink August auctions
8 8

352 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Comic Connect is such a cheesy name. Man, I needed to get that off my chest. 

Hmmm.....let me think about this for a second here.  hm  :taptaptap:

Well now, doesn't Connect and Link both have the same general type of meaning?  lol

6 hours ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

I had no idea that HA, CLink or CC even allowed P G X books in their auctions.(shrug)

Definitely overgraded.   With all those defects, though, it makes little sense that it's actually "restored" from some lower grade.

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Hmmm.....let me think about this for a second here.  hm  :taptaptap:

Well now, doesn't Connect and Link both have the same general type of meaning?  lol

Yes, but so does Howard and Howie.  One is just classier and more professional sounding to me anyway . Comic Link. Comic Exchange. I like the sound of those. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:
On 8/20/2018 at 12:39 PM, lou_fine said:

Yes, but what happens if you actually end up winning one of them and it's completely overgraded and possibly even restored:  doh!  (:

RADFD5A22009121_182555.jpg

I had no idea that HA, CLink or CC even allowed P G X books in their auctions.(shrug)

1 hour ago, bluechip said:

Definitely overgraded.   With all those defects, though, it makes little sense that it's actually "restored" from some lower grade.

Yes, starting to look a bit like one of those CGC graded books when they was going through one of their real extremely loose grading time periods.  And to top it off, supposedly White Pages which is a real killer for a book from jay's point of view.  lol

This is what happens when you go into an auction too late and you end up putting in tracking bids or sure fire losing bids that are too high.  doh!

I am just glad it didn't hit my max bid.  :bigsmile:

Also found a 5.5 "graded copy" of Brenda Starr 14 with the classic Kamen bondage cover from some grading company called CGGroup World.  No idea what that is, but it definitely looks quite a bit nicer and more tightly graded than the Archie 50 above, which means it must have undisclosed restoration for sure. :censored:  If I remember correctly, it cost me about twice as much for the Brenda Starr as compared to the Archie 50.  doh!  doh!

The good thing about being a long term collector though, is that time tends to heal all things, including bad purchasing mistakes hopefully.  :wishluck:  :taptaptap:

Edited by lou_fine

32 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, starting to look a bit like one of those CGC graded books when they was going through one of their real extremely loose grading time periods.  And to top it off, supposedly White Pages which is a real killer for a book from jay's point of view.  lol

This is what happens when you go into an auction too late and you end up putting in tracking bids or sure fire losing bids that are too high.  doh!

Also found a 5.5 "graded copy" of Brenda Starr 14 with the classic Kamen bondage cover from some grading company called CGGroup World.  No idea what that is, but it definitely looks quite a bit nicer and more tightly graded than the Archie 50 above, which means it must have undisclosed restoration for sure. :censored:  If I remember correctly, it cost me about twice as much for the Brenda Starr as compared to the Archie 50.  doh!  doh!

The good thing about being a long term collector though, is that time tends to heal all things, including bad purchasing mistakes hopefully.  :wishluck:  :taptaptap:

CGG was PGX's original name before being forced to change it, as it too closely resembled CGC

5 hours ago, Timely said:

Why is ComCon calling Superman #45 a racist cover?  Am I missing something? (shrug)

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=755101&title=SUPERMAN

5 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

I've seen that before. Also didn't get it (shrug)

I think it is tied to the clothing they are wearing and general style.  I am not sure that it is not representative of how they dressed during that time period, but having a note next to a book issue # = $

22 hours ago, TheWatcher said:
23 hours ago, lou_fine said:

CGG was PGX's original name before being forced to change it, as it too closely resembled CGC

So, I guess this is your kind and diplomatic way of saying this is $350 worth of my hard earned money for these 2 POS "graded" books that I will never ever see again even if I wait for Hell to freeze over.  :cry:

Edited by lou_fine

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

So, I guess this is your kind and diplomatic way of saying this is $350 worth of my hard earned money for these 2 POS "graded" books that I will never ever see again even if I wait for Hell to freeze over.  :cry:

:foryou:

On 8/24/2018 at 12:57 PM, Timely said:

Why is ComCon calling Superman #45 a racist cover?  Am I missing something? (shrug)

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=755101&title=SUPERMAN

It has an alien on the cover but I guess that would qualify for all covers with Supes on them (:

To be honest, it is peculiar and possibly construed as disturbing or at least poor taste calling it racist if the reference is to the Asian figures which given they along with Supes are the only ones present.  

Edited by telerites

On 8/24/2018 at 1:57 PM, Timely said:

The Chinese figures might be stereotypes, but if that cover is considered racist, then I'm pretty sure every Young Allies would have to be called racist.

Well, from the books that I have been following on CC, it looks like all of the initial auction bids are probably in place now since there has been virtually no movement for the past day or so.  hm

Guess we will have to wait until the final day and closer to the actual scheduled auction end time to see if there will be any fireworks for us to see in the extended bidding time period.  :taptaptap:  

8 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, from the books that I have been following on CC, it looks like all of the initial auction bids are probably in place now since there has been virtually no movement for the past day or so.  hm

Guess we will have to wait until the final day and closer to the actual scheduled auction end time to see if there will be any fireworks for us to see in the extended bidding time period.  :taptaptap:  

They need to keep the auctions short like Vince :devil: