• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

books you want, but will probably not get around to buying

35 posts in this topic

Eerie Comics #1

This one's on my "must have" list. It is admittedly very pricey, but I've yet to totally rule it out. I think of it as a book to look for down the line in a few years....It would make a great capper to the precode collection...

All the batman covers on the detective comice from 27 thru 37 are just amazing. Its not even the fact that they are the early batman appearances. I just love the cover art on all of them.

I mean, look at these covers:

tn_tec37.jpg

tn_545055_tec35.jpg

I just love them but the prices are nuts.

Elvis

I'll probably never own DETECTIVE #'s 27, 31 or 33, MARVEL COMICS #1, or CAPTAIN AMERICA #1. sorry.gif

But I used to think I would never own a SUSPENSE #3 either! yay.gif

Added to my list: RED RAVEN #1, all of the early Marvel Mysteries(1-20). The funny thing is that if I walked into an antique store and found that miraclous copy of ACTION #1 on the shelf for a buck, I'd probably sell it so I could get some of the other books mentioned in this thread.

BATMAN #1 will be a difficult purchase, but I'm determined to buy one someday, even if it's in ratty condition.

The 9.4 or 9.6 Showcase #4. Out of my price range!

Great, then you can afford my 9.2 copy!!! I'm waiting for the call! thumbsup2.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif FFB, where's that Calvin & Hobbes cartoon when I need it?!

The 9.4 or 9.6 Showcase #4. Out of my price range!

Great, then you can afford my 9.2 copy!!! I'm waiting for the call! thumbsup2.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif FFB, where's that Calvin & Hobbes cartoon when I need it?!

calvin5.jpg

That was mean. Very mean. 893naughty-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

I know you're kidding Mark, but just to be clear, I love 9.2s. I originally created that cartoon about a year ago to make fun of Tim and his grade elitism. Unfortunately, he just laughed it off and my effort to cut him to the quick with that cartoon was for naught.

Thankfully, God is a kind and loving God who appreciates all of the goat sacrifices I have given him in my backyard over the last 30 years and I got my revenge in the end -- because Tim is now wondering how many of his high grade/high dollar babies used to be G/VGs and are now only NM+ because of NDP pressing. The thought of this worry eating away at him each day warms the cockles of my heart. cloud9.gif

That was mean. Very mean. 893naughty-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

I know you're kidding Mark, but just to be clear, I love 9.2s. I originally created that cartoon about a year ago to make fun of Tim and his grade elitism. Unfortunately, he just laughed it off and my effort to cut him to the quick with that cartoon was for naught.

Yes, totally kidding. I love Calvin & Hobbes. Funny cartoon.

Doing what I do in my day job, the stresses I have, and the seriousness of what I have do, there is honestly not much about the comic world that will have me lose sleep, if you know what I mean.

Of course, I'll take Tim's side against you on every issue just because. poke2.gif

Of course, I'll take Tim's side against you on every issue just because. poke2.gif

thumbsup2.gif So you'll have the papers ready to serve on Scott at SD, just like we discussed, right? gossip.gif

Unless those are adoption papers so that I can inherit your collection if you die intestate, I don't want to know from you and your papers! 893naughty-thumb.gifmakepoint.gif893censored-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif So you'll have the papers ready to serve on Scott at SD, just like we discussed, right? gossip.gif

Unless those are adoption papers so that I can inherit your collection if you die intestate, I don't want to know from you and your papers! 893naughty-thumb.gifmakepoint.gif893censored-thumb.gif

angel.gif