• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Added staples.
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Here's a book I have that is obviously very low grade but it is complete. The 2 original staples are there but there are three staples that have been added. I can tell the cover would be detached from the original staples but I'm not sure what the rest of the book would be like if the added staples were not there. As far as grading this -  would it be better to keep the three staples in the book or remove them? Would staple holes be preferable to added staples? Would it even matter for a low grade book like this?

I realize that if the three staples were removed I could end up with loose pages as well as the detached cover. I can't see the original staples at the centerfold because of the placement of the three added staples, but it seems possible that all the pages could still be held in by the original staples. Any opinions are appreciated :foryou:

20180819_110336-1~2.jpg

Haunted staple crop.jpg