• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Low to Mid grade recent buys

45 posts in this topic

yes, the TOS 55 should not be in this thread. it looks pristine other than what's going on on the bottom right.

I have a great collection of readers, but I won't be posting them here because I plan on selling them under another name as NM copies with tiny scans and claiming they're from granpappy's closet.

just kidding, of course.

Here's another spidey that I've had my eye on for a couple of weeks. I finally took the plunge:

spiderman6web.jpg

The book was hanging on the wall of the store listed at $160, but I got him to give it to me for $120. I thought it was a pretty fair deal, what do you guys think. The biggest flaw is definately the single hole punch going through the top right of the cover. Thank god it's just the cover and not the whole book, although it's too bad it's there at all. What grade would you guys give this book? It was listed in the store as G/VG, but I think that's a little generous.

-Chris

Neurosis1@hotmail.com

It's funny you say that Norrin, I actually watched that episode on the spiderman '67 collection the other day, and that's what finally convinced me to get this comic. I always wondered why spidey never had the webs on his chest in the cartoon. Maybe it was easier to draw that way. Regardless, that was a great show.

-Chris

Just got this one from eBay. Not bad for a midgrade book.

scan00047qz.jpg

Not bad at all! I recently picked up a #44 myself in VG/F or F-. The first of the Hawkman tryouts I've been able to acquire. My LCS recently got in a #34 with gorgeous blues on the cover, but he wants almost $500 for it, so I'm going to have to settle for a lower grade as my budget for that book is substantially lower.

I also just got a very low grade B&B #28 from Jim Payette. The book is too ugly to post, but the price was right, and it's complete.

I just got back from Chicago. I was able to find about 40 Marvel Silver Age in the grade that suits me and the price that suits me. I purchased mostly lower grade comics though occasionally I bought a mid to high grade if the lower grade was unavailable and the price differential was small.

Key purchases and costs in American dollars:

Amazing Spider-Man 15-- good: $25.00

Amazing Spider-man 17-- good: $32.50

Amazing Spider-Man 26-- good: $12.50

Amazing Spider-Man 100--vg: $12.50

Tales of Suspense 44-- good: $25.00

Tales of Suspense 48--good: $15.00

X-Men 19-- good: $7.00

These comics have no pieces missing, no writing on the cover and no noticeable tape. They are all well read though.