• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Convention Drop-Off Questions

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am trying to decide if submitting in person at the Toronto convention is better than mailing my books to CGC. Shipping to the US from Canada is never cheap, but the cost of admission would go a long way in covering the shipping costs. 

When submitting in person, can one have pressing done too, or is it just grading? 

10 hours ago, PeteR_777 said:

Hi,

I am trying to decide if submitting in person at the Toronto convention is better than mailing my books to CGC. Shipping to the US from Canada is never cheap, but the cost of admission would go a long way in covering the shipping costs. 

When submitting in person, can one have pressing done too, or is it just grading? 

Yes you can have the pressing done too.  Just ask the CGC rep how its done, but I think there's usually a box on the form you can check.  I would email or call CGC directly just to make sure you're doing everything right.

12 hours ago, PeteR_777 said:

Hi,

Also, get there early. They get a ton of books & may cut off submissions in order to get them back by the end of the weekend. That would be the first thing I would do. Have fun!

31 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:
13 hours ago, PeteR_777 said:

Hi,

Also, get there early. They get a ton of books & may cut off submissions in order to get them back by the end of the weekend. That would be the first thing I would do. Have fun!

I could be wrong, and I often am, BUT I don't think there's really a cutoff for CGC submissions at cons.  I've submitted with half an hour left at some major conventions and they've taken them.  Though I suppose there must be some physical cap, like I don't think you could literally submit a MILLION books.  But I don't think you'll have a problem.

There is a difference if there is ONSITE GRADING (where there is a limit), but I don't think Toronto has that, so I don't think that's a factor.

If I'm wrong about any of this, I apologize.  Feel free to just email CGC to confirm anything for yourself, don't just rely on what internet strangers say.

2 minutes ago, revat said:

I could be wrong, and I often am, BUT I don't think there's really a cutoff for CGC submissions at cons.  I've submitted with half an hour left at some major conventions and they've taken them.  Though I suppose there must be some physical cap, like I don't think you could literally submit a MILLION books.  But I don't think you'll have a problem.

There is a difference if there is ONSITE GRADING (where there is a limit), but I don't think Toronto has that, so I don't think that's a factor.

If I'm wrong about any of this, I apologize.  Feel free to just email CGC to confirm anything for yourself, don't just rely on what internet strangers say.

Oh you're right. I was thinking of on-site grading. I think someone mentioned the cap for submitting was whatever you could fit on a sheet which was like 25. :)

3 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

Oh you're right. I was thinking of on-site grading. I think someone mentioned the cap for submitting was whatever you could fit on a sheet which was like 25. :)

THat's if you want to submit on the same invoice.  If you have more they'll happily take more, just pay another $5 per invoice. (or possibly work something out separately with CGC if you're some type of SUPER CUSTOMER submitting like 8K comics).

Just now, revat said:

THat's if you want to submit on the same invoice.  If you have more they'll happily take more, just pay another $5 per invoice. (or possibly work something out separately with CGC if you're some type of SUPER CUSTOMER submitting like 8K comics).

Ha! I hope to have that problem one day! "I would like to submit 8k comics please....when can I expect these back?" :banana: