• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Giant Sized X-Men 1

16 posts in this topic

So this one is lower grade then the water stained copy :roflmao: I had it between a 5.5 and 6.0 but I do have difficulty with these mid grade copies (based on the grading contest).  Looks much better then the standard 4.5 copies I see floating around.

46 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

So this one is lower grade then the water stained copy :roflmao:

His is wetter... yours is creasier. (And yes, I'm aware this may up in the out-of-context thread.)

4 minutes ago, Point Five said:

His is wetter... yours is creasier. (And yes, I'm aware this may up in the out-of-context thread.)

Good discussion.  I disagree but I've always given water damage a huge hit to grade. 

But regardless I do agree after looking it over again that 6.0 is out of the question but I believe 4.5 is a bit strict.  I don't think I'll ever get it graded since they sell very well ungraded but maybe the next guy will get it graded and we can see how it does.

46 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Good discussion.  I disagree but I've always given water damage a huge hit to grade. 

But regardless I do agree after looking it over again that 6.0 is out of the question but I believe 4.5 is a bit strict.  I don't think I'll ever get it graded since they sell very well ungraded but maybe the next guy will get it graded and we can see how it does.

I have not seen the water damaged book you are referring to. Water damage should be a big hit to a books grade.

23 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I have not seen the water damaged book you are referring to. Water damage should be a big hit to a books grade.

I think it's the book right below mine in the PGM book section.  Grade seemed to hover around the 4.0 / 4.5 range and it's got front and back cover water staining and looks to have somewhat similar tiny tears (I think mine has less tears and a better spine but they are close).  If the water book is a 4.0 / 4.5 then I see mine as a 5.0 / 5.5 but that is just me. 

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

I think it's the book right below mine in the PGM book section.  Grade seemed to hover around the 4.0 / 4.5 range and it's got front and back cover water staining and looks to have somewhat similar tiny tears (I think mine has less tears and a better spine but they are close).  If the water book is a 4.0 / 4.5 then I see mine as a 5.0 / 5.5 but that is just me. 

I don't see it.

I see the book owned by Gregha that came back a CGC 7.0, and the next one I see is the one with the spine split that is a 2.0. I didn't go beyond the first 4 pages in the Please Grade My forum.

Without a press, I would grade and price this as 3.0. There are a lot of creases, tears and handling/reading bends on it, as well as light soiling/transfer. After a press, I can see 4.0/4.5.