• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Pricing and Tiers

6 posts in this topic

I struggle with the CGC pricing structure because of its dependency on the grade (and ultimately, the value of comic being graded).  I recently submitted a flash 123 for grading, thinking I needed a 3.0 or higher to make money.  I chose the economy tier to avoid overpaying unnecessarily.  Given the lack of high resolution photos, I do not expect a grade here (in retrospect, I should have posted to "buddy can you spare a grade" forum) but I am curious what happens if it returns a 5.0?  Will my tier and cost be adjusted accordingly?

thanks

dan

IMG_2897.thumb.PNG.2f7c30a5f8d3127f0a01394e1bb47baa.PNG

1 hour ago, Danno561 said:

I struggle with the CGC pricing structure because of its dependency on the grade (and ultimately, the value of comic being graded).  I recently submitted a flash 123 for grading, thinking I needed a 3.0 or higher to make money.  I chose the economy tier to avoid overpaying unnecessarily.  Given the lack of high resolution photos, I do not expect a grade here (in retrospect, I should have posted to "buddy can you spare a grade" forum) but I am curious what happens if it returns a 5.0?  Will my tier and cost be adjusted accordingly?

thanks

dan

IMG_2897.thumb.PNG.2f7c30a5f8d3127f0a01394e1bb47baa.PNG

If they feel the value is higher than what you marked, they will bump it up. I believe they will call you to get additional payment for the proper tier. Good luck!

21 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

If they feel the value is higher than what you marked, they will bump it up. I believe they will call you to get additional payment for the proper tier. Good luck!

Thanks for this insight.  I sure would not mind hearing from them although the downside is the grading would have taken less time if submitted originally with the higher tier.

Edited by Danno561

Which is why you need to be accurate with your tiers.  You shouldn't be sending in books if you have zero knowledge of grading.  You might be throwing money away and slowing the grading time for people who can grade :)

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:47 AM, Jerkfro said:
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:02 PM, Danno561 said:

but I am curious what happens if it returns a 5.0?

No worries there Dan

I love my girlfriend and want to propose, but what if Giselle divorces Tom Brady, moves to my town, meets me, likes me, and we end up falling in love? 

The answer is the same.  It'll cost you a little bit more, but you don't need to worry about it.