• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guilty...

29 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Things most people have read that I never read or never had any interest in reading:

• Watchmen (believe I read a bit and then went meh... I've had the TPB sitting in a box in the basement in the storage room for over a year now)
  • Ultimate Spider-man (I was reading ASM - why read another version of Spider-man?)
  • Preacher (Meh)
  • Sandman (Meh - despite owning several number 1's I read a few books but as far as the whole run, "ain't nobody got time for that")
  • Fantastic Four - (Don't really care about them other than the Torch-Thing relationship which was eloquently developed on the Office with the Jim and Dwight pranks.)
  • Almost all DC comics outside of Superman, Batman, WW, Flash, Lantern and other JLA main characters. What exactly IS a Booster Gold, Atom, Blue Beetle or Starfire? 
  • He-Man (Awww... Conan Jr is cuuuuuuuuuute)
  • Conan (I admire the artwork as it is mesmerizing but simply never read the books... the movies were entertaining though.)
  • Spider-man Renew Your Vows (Just undo the Mephisto thing... don't tease me.)
  • Swamp Thing (See above on DC)
  • The Walking Dead (I watch the TV show but somehow have no interest in the comic books.)

There are more but I believe I have already given enough rocks to be thrown at me.

So, basically, you don't read certain comics, or have any interest in doing so. You are selective in what you like. You are not guilty.

I'm actually having trouble thinking of anything really notable that I've never read, at least in part. I've made a point of tracking down and reading most well-known or highly recommended comic material, including everything mentioned here so far.

25 minutes ago, AJD said:

I'm actually having trouble thinking of anything really notable that I've never read, at least in part. I've made a point of tracking down and reading most well-known or highly recommended comic material, including everything mentioned here so far.

It is tough.  I've been reading comics since 1973; mainstream, indies, pretty much all genres and Ages.

Edited by Ken Aldred

3 hours ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

So, basically, you don't read certain comics, or have any interest in doing so. You are selective in what you like. You are not guilty.

Maybe but I have been made aware and / or read about:

• How the Lee Kirby FF as well as the Byrne run is a "masterpiece".
  • How the Watchmen and Sandman series are masterpieces of the genre.

so... yeah.  

39 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Maybe but I have been made aware and / or read about:

• How the Lee Kirby FF as well as the Byrne run is a "masterpiece".
  • How the Watchmen and Sandman series are masterpieces of the genre.

so... yeah.  

Maybe the problem is a misunderstanding of guilty comic reading, vs. collector comic reading.

Alan Moore's run of Swamp Thing.  I've heard it's great but can't seem to pick it up after flipping thu a couple issues.

Sandman series - People really seem to have enjoyed it but I hate the art so never read it

Sandman. Maus. I really want to read both, I just haven't got around to it. 

Better add Sandman Mystery Theatre to that list as well. Another one I'd like to.