• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not the Modern Holy Grail After All?

13 posts in this topic

Hmmm...a Power Pack #27 CGC 9.6 just closed for a whopping $15.45.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32760&item=2166171803&rd=1

That's so uber-pathetic that I think this means we can't even joke anymore about this being a Modern grail book! blush.gifshocked.gifblush.gifshocked.gifblush.gifshocked.gif

Gene

Sigh...I'm shaking my head at some of the books in my economy batch. WTF was I thinking when I submitted those books. Some of them I may not break even! frown.gif

At least you have your baby! Until someone hypes it up properly! wink.gif

a Power Pack #27 CGC 9.6 just closed for a whopping $15.45.

But, how can this be? I mean, c'mon! Sabretooth is in it! SABRETOOTH! The ultimate villain! I can't beleive this! mad.gif This is ridiculous! mad.gif

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Chris

[Hmmm...a Power Pack #27 CGC 9.6 just closed for a whopping $15.45.

Until we can convince Overstreet to "correct" its notation from Wolverine 10 to PP 27 and give it the proper credit for the first wolverine vs Sabretoth fight, such iwill be the fate for this most important Modern Age Key... frown.gif

I agree on this one, as stating Wolverin #10 is the first Wolvie-ST fight is pretty lame, given that print dates matter for every other "first" and Overstreet apparently hit the crack pretty hard while writing that notation.

Someone on here must have a line to Bob to get this fixed. I could care less about the value of PP 27, but the Wolvie #10 listing is wrong on about 20 levels.

Using the Overstreet illogic, wouldn't Origin be their first battle, since Marvel has admitted the fact already? And next year, their first battle will be in Origin 2, when the two wrangle in kindergarten over a lollypop. And the year after that, baby Wolvie and Sabes will be put into the same crib, and hijinks ensue.

Someone on here must have a line to Bob

that would be TomG and ArnoldT...

Good point on the "illogic" - they may have to qualify notation like they do for DC's alternate Earth (Earth 1, earth 2., Earth...) first apps.

If you use current Marvel continuity you are absolutely on about Origin being the first wolvie/sabes fight. Please continue to hype the accolades of Origin wink.gif

That's the whole point, "comic time" never, ever matters when it comes to the first occurence of X, print dates do.

Just think about flashbacks specifically (like Wolvie 10), wouldn't they change every first appearance?

Origin #1 would replace Hulk 181 as Wolvie's first appearance, all those crappy ret-con titles (like X-Men Lost Years) would go from bargain bin fodder to top-line collectibles since they'd be chock full of flashback-based first appearances.

Man, this is giving me a headache. grin.gif

Man, this is giving me a headache.

Well rest easy because I don't think anyone in their right mind would disagree with your point. Otherwise, all those "-1" POS books released in the late 90's would be worth a fortune.