• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Different Statuses from my submissions to CGC
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Once again, I am super new here, and not experienced with anything to do with CGC or comics. I have submitted my first group of comics. The status now says "Graded". What are all the different statuses, and approximately how long do they say "Graded" before they ship? I know nothing can be exact, just trying to learn more! Thank you all again for the help!

You can look in the "current turn around rates from CGC" thread to get a good idea of how long the different tiers take.  I tracked everything my first time around, so hope this helps :)

-----------------------------------------------

Since it was my very first direct submission to CGC, I tried to track everything (maybe will help other new folks know the process as well).  It did seem to take a little bit longer than some other recent timeframes shown on the thread, but I do have them in hand now 

4 Books, Modern Fast Track (items with a "-" are a status that shows up on the My Submissions section of the site)

Mailed (from Texas)     : 6/02/2018
Delivered (Florida)     : 6/04/2018
-Verified               : 6/06/2018 *invoice shows up on My Submissions
Credit Card Charged     : 6/07/2018
-Scheduled for Grading  : 6/12/2018
-Graded                 : 6/13/2018
-Grading/Quality Control: 6/14/2018
-Shipped/Safe           : 6/19/2018 *grades show up on My Submissions
Delivered (Texas)       : 6/25/2018

Edited by Cozmo-One

3 hours ago, Cozmo-One said:

You can look in the "current turn around rates from CGC" thread to get a good idea of how long the different tiers take.  I tracked everything my first time around, so hope this helps :)

Since it was my very first direct submission to CGC, I tried to track everything (maybe will help other new folks know the process as well).  It did seem to take a little bit longer than some other recent timeframes shown on the thread, but I do have them in hand now 

4 Books, Modern Fast Track (items with a "-" are a status that shows up on the My Submissions section of the site)

Awesome! This was very helpful. It appears I still need to wait on the grading/quality control, after the initial grading. I guess I should of fast tracked it, since I’ve grown impatient lol. I do appreciate this! Very helpful!

3 hours ago, Cozmo-One said:

6 days from shipped to delivered probably means you used USPS Registered mail. Some advice: Registered is the absolute slowest method possible. Get yourself a Fedex account and direct CGC to ship them Fedex. Fedex Ground will get it to you in 2, 3 days tops. Plus you can check status ! Plus it's cheaper !

8 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

6 days from shipped to delivered probably means you used USPS Registered mail. Some advice: Registered is the absolute slowest method possible. Get yourself a Fedex account and direct CGC to ship them Fedex. Fedex Ground will get it to you in 2, 3 days tops. Plus you can check status ! Plus it's cheaper !

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely look into that next time.  I did use USPS and thought it took a bit to get back...

On 9/13/2018 at 4:22 PM, ghost of the wild said:

Mine have been sitting in verified for almost a month now, 1 was just a re-holder , so that is off a good bit from the example given. just FYI.

Keep in mind that mine were fast track option,  and were done before SDCC and all the big conventions.   I believe this may be their busiest time of year.   I'd refer to the latest posts in the thread I linked to have more current TATs in each category  

On 9/19/2018 at 11:17 AM, Cozmo-One said:

Keep in mind that mine were fast track option,  and were done before SDCC and all the big conventions.   I believe this may be their busiest time of year.   I'd refer to the latest posts in the thread I linked to have more current TATs in each category  

where is your link???