• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PORT CITY COMICS.....any dealings?

17 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, EC Phanatic said:

I am having an issue with these guys...just curious if anyone else has had any problems.....

Lots of ports around the world so a little more information might help.

Where they are,  name,  what the problem is

13 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I have worked with Steve Hiatt at Port City Comics on and off for about 2 years (helping facilitate Frank Kadar's sketch cover commissions) and he has been great to work with. I did hear that businesses around his area (Mobile, AL) were closed this past weekend due to the most recent hurricaine/tropical storm that hit the gulf coast.

I bought two new recent books from them that arrived "damaged"...I mean they were simply not "new" NM books...they had bends, and creases.....I emailed them and they eventually said for me to send them back...they would not provide a return label....I actually had to open up a dispute through paypal to get this started...I sent back the books-which they got end of August and still no refund...only a refund of $4.00-for return shipping...??.....I uploaded tracking info to paypal....I dunno...they aren't being professional...still no refund...

On 9/7/2018 at 5:10 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Oh man, I totally forgot the name of the comic shop that Steve owns... doh!

I only dealt with Steve to get the Venom sketch cover graded by CGC (my one and only CGC Signature book) that @Ron C. graciously donated to last year's grading contest, and Steve was super-responsive through the whole process.

I unfortunately haven't bought anything from Port City Comics, so I can't comment on their grading or return policy... :sorry:

Edited by silverseeker