• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Following update from my weekend trip to friend’s birthday party
2 2

3 posts in this topic

Couple weeks ago, I was out on a weekend day trip to visit my friends on a small island for a friend’s 50th birthday party. There, I was chatting with some friends ... which led me to find out two persons had collected comics from the 1970s to 1990. This weekend today I get to go visit one friend with his wife. He showed me his collection. 

Three long boxes with about 750+ comics of Marvel, DC and few independents. Also have 35 Conan magazines as well. I went through everything and explained things about his books and what is best values and what is not. We worked out on consignment for him. I took the boxes home to replace bags for new ones, got myself a lot to work. Here are the photos to give you an idea what I found. I had good time digging in the boxes. :banana:

2146A5EA-25FB-4FBB-8DAC-C5F841536BE1.jpeg

CB1F2B09-B674-4809-ABC7-B349FFF0E2ED.jpeg

BF1B9DD1-FFFA-4B20-B229-CEC558A4329C.jpeg

48D4B795-4BF3-449E-B592-87C34A0DC334.jpeg

1 minute ago, DocHoppus182 said:

That looks like a lot of fun!  What’re in the Marvel Multi-Mag packs?

Just the bags themselves. When I saw them as I opened the boxes. I asked him if they are sealed? No, he said he brought them years ago and opened to pull out new books to read. He saved the bags (only 2 was left), and use them to storage other books in there. 

Dang! I was hoping they were sealed but nooo ... :cry:  both were opened and he didn’t remember what books he took out!