• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in ! PGM Spiderman 1

14 posts in this topic

First let me say that this is my favorite forum since joining and any and all expertise is welcome. I probably took too many photos but i would like to get a true grade on this book before i submit it and i will update everyone when it gets back from CGC. I used the flash and good angles so it would show all of the flaws.  All of the pages are there , the spine and book are still attached with some page wear around the staples. The cover has wear but it still has good colors. One concern i have is the spine roll and the overlap it creates on the front cover. I would love to hear some opinions on having this book pressed to align the book. Thanks for your time and opinions. DSC_6893.thumb.JPG.e96a1051c987aedfa058373c430b5652.JPG

DSC_6895.JPG

DSC_6896.JPG

DSC_6898.JPG

DSC_6899.JPG

DSC_6900.JPG

DSC_6901.JPG

DSC_6902.JPG

DSC_6903.JPG

DSC_6904.JPG

DSC_6905.JPG

DSC_6906.JPG

DSC_6908.JPG

DSC_6909.JPG

DSC_6910.JPG

DSC_6911.JPG

DSC_6915.JPG

DSC_6916.JPG

DSC_6917.JPG

DSC_6918.JPG

DSC_6921.JPG

DSC_6924.JPG

DSC_6927.JPG

DSC_6928.JPG

DSC_6930.JPG

DSC_6932.JPG

DSC_6939.JPG

DSC_6934.JPG

DSC_6935.JPG

DSC_6937.JPG

Edited by Lamborghinikid

Overall general wear, a well-presenting low-grade. A technical 3.0, maybe a 3.5 with a press to flatten out the spine curl (mild roll).

The grayish white flecks in the A & M of the Amazing Spider-man title look like they're on the surface and might "brush" right off if you lightly clean them off with a dry tissue. You won't hurt it and if it's surface debris, gently removing it, nothing abrasive, just a tissue, will remove that distraction. Once CGC slabbed, even if it's a 3.0, you'll get closer to a 4.0 price because there aren't chips, tears, defacements, or major deep, long creases. Nice book.

Thank you for the fast replies . I am sending this book and a few others in very soon and I will reply with the results. I also have an X-men book that i would love you guys to take a look at. I will upload those photos now and start a new thread for it. Thanks for your time and expertise. 

Thank you for the feedback , I bought a micro fiber cloth this weekend and I plan on sitting down tonight and see if I can wipe away the flakes . I am definitely going to have this book pressed . I scheduled my drop off with cgc and I will update this thread as soon as the grade is in. Thank you for your insight. 

4 minutes ago, Lamborghinikid said:

Everyone was pretty much spot on. Thanks again guys. 

38FCA728-2288-4249-890F-66628C0AC988.jpeg

Only .5 out!

Congratulations - you can sell it and buy that Lamborghini now! :headbang: