• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A leap ahead, a look at comic values in the far flung future..

15 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

BO.jpg.a5b97b20ef35f5866e785e33b2640bd8.jpg

I know. Best offer. But why bother listing an AS 42 CGC 8.5 for $3000 if you're willing to accept an offer of $300? The effect it has on me is to think, "Look at the way this Jack*** is pricing his books. Based on what?" and then I surf away, but not before adding his ebay ID to my block seller's items from all my searches list.

41 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:
6 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

BO.jpg.a5b97b20ef35f5866e785e33b2640bd8.jpg

I know. Best offer. But why bother listing an AS 42 CGC 8.5 for $3000 if you're willing to accept an offer of $300? The effect it has on me is to think, "Look at the way this Jack*** is pricing his books. Based on what?" and then I surf away, but not before adding his ebay ID to my block seller's items from all my searches list.

Some people sort by highest price first. 
Some people like paying $300 for something that was offered at $3,000.

Edited by BlowUpTheMoon

5 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Some people sort by highest price first. 
Some people like paying $300 for something that was offered at $3,000.

I've never experienced that. First off, although I've seen some extreme pricing on ebay, this guy's prices take the cake. Usually, if someone has something priced at $500, if GP is $400, and I offer $400, I'll get a $495 counter. Of course, I haven't tried offering on items with BINs in excess of 10 times the marketplace reality.  

23 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Please please please tutorial so I can block Mile High, and those DVD and color copies guys who are all over the golden age category!

1 hour ago, Readcomix said:

Please please please tutorial so I can block Mile High, and those DVD and color copies guys who are all over the golden age category!

Oh, it's easier than you think and a joy to behold when you can block sellers that clutter your searches with items at prices that Felix wouldn't touch with an 11 foot pole:

1) Pick an ebay search, like Silver Age Superhero Comics.

go to the preference column occupying the left 1/5th of the page.

page down to the hyperlink: "More refinements" and click on that

that's produce a sub-page directly in the middle of the page you're on.

2) in the left column, go to "Seller" and click on that hyperlink.

New choices appear, and God bless ebay for them!

3) Check the box "Only show items from" (it works both ways)

then below that

4) dot the circle, "Specific sellers" (seller's IDs)

5) From the drop down box immediately below (and here's where the magic begins)

choose "Exclude" and in the box immediately to the left, enter the Ebay IDs of the scu……. er' sellers that you wish to exclude from that search view.

separate each ebay ID with a comma

6) Click "Apply" and the scu….. er' ,sellers sordid wares, who you've filtered out, will not appear in your search, may they rest in peace. :whee:

5 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

I so owe you! Thank you!!!! (worship)

You are very welcome. Further study of the options available in those refinement columns can really help you fine tune your search results to hone in on your interests, allowing you to see a maximum of that while seriously reducing the clutter. It's not permanent either. You can change it anytime you want. Just reset and apply!

Say it's a Sunday night, you're surfing Silver age and some seller has his usual 40,000 free listings for dreck smack dab in the middle of ebay Sunday night rush hour, forcing you to search through dozens of pages. That becomes needless by adding that seller's ID to the "exclude items from this seller" option box!

It's a freakin' blessing. Thank you ebay, for the muzzle for these scu….. er', I mean...dreck merchants.

Edited by James J Johnson