• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

feebay selling gripes
1 1

63 posts in this topic

Back to the topic, slogging through (very) old feedback, I (re)discovered this gem:

Neutral feedback rating Never responded to e-mail, never contacted me in anyway. More than a year ago

• Reply by 7***7 (Jan-01-01 00:00):
    #224152036 This FB given ONE Business day after auction ended!! This guy's NUTS!
    • Follow-up by my95roadmaster (Jan-01-01 00:00):
      Avoid this person at all costs! I have had nothing but non-stop harassment!

Now, this was almost two decades ago (the date isn't right; eBay reset all dates for negs/neutrals to 01-01-01 in the great purge of 2005ish, but it's close), so the details aren't exact, BUT...the reply by me is correct: I think the listing ended on a Friday...this was in the days of money orders and checks, mind you...and this seller left this feedback on a Monday. 

Does ANYONE reading this think it's reasonable to leave a neutral...a weak negative...for "no contact" after a weekend? 

And yet, here it is. And this happened all the time.

So, I responded with a neutral, and this guy completely lost his mind. 

Here's the next feedback he left:

Negative feedback rating Non-stop harassment from an obvious child, Tarnished my perfect profile. More than a year ago

• Reply by 7***7 (Jan-01-01 00:00):
    And leaving a 'neg' FB after ONE DAY is not acting like an obvious child? How?
    • Follow-up by my95roadmaster (Jan-01-01 00:00):
      I left NUETRAL feedback insufficiently_thoughtful_person. And I gave you ample time to reply, you didn't!

Notice? "Tarnished my perfect profile." He was so offended that his "perfect profile" was tarnished...not that he'd tarnished someone else's profile for "no contact" after a weekend.

What's even funnier is that he made up a shill account to respond to my (now deleted) neutral in his FB profile:

Positive feedback rating Great person to deal with! timdrake72 is an azz! no one but him had a problem
ebaysucksazz2v5t ( 1 ) 

No longer a registered user
More than a year ago

• Reply by a***9 (Jan-01-01 00:00):
    Thanks for that comment Jim. Nice knowing someone is behind me.
    • Follow-up by ebaysucksazz2v5t (Jan-01-01 00:00):
      No problem, I know an azz when I see one.

He even enlisted another seller to respond in his profile, too.

And, it turns out, I wasn't the only one he did this to. I was just the only one who stood up to him.

So, no. Leaving negative or neutral feedback for buyers was NEVER a good idea, EVER. 

1 hour ago, 787Sweet said:

Nice deflection by changing the subject. 

Yes, comparative analysis of YOUR feedback to MINE is merely a "deflection" and "changing the subject", despite the fact that "the subject" was already exhaustively discussed in a previous post.

"Pay no attention to the man behind the screen!!"

lol

How many negs were received on that ID from sellers? Zero.

By sheer luck. You got lucky. And that doesn't include any of the negs/neutrals you got from sellers who have been NARU'd during the great purge, which means those feedbacks, if any, were wiped out. The feedback you left is petty, vindictive...oh, and look! Someone ELSE thinks you're rude and abusive:

Negative feedback rating Thanks for nothing and not letting me know! Seller:  More than a year ago

• Reply by textbooktimecom (May-29-12 14:53):
    Item was out of stock & immediately refunded. Buyer was rude & verbally abusive.

And look...you called someone at home to harass them...?

Negative feedback rating NO RESPONSE 1month/4e-mails Gave Ebay dad's # + his dad was hostile on the phone
No longer a registered user

I wish I could say that is shocking, but, I can't.

Unlike your first ID which had too many negs to use for selling, you then registered another selling ID (prohibited at the time) .

It was not "prohibited at the time." As usual, your pot-addled brain has deceived you. It was NEVER prohibited to have SEPARATE buying and selling accounts. EVER.

Which, by the way, was a fact I never tried to hide from anyone, precisely because it's always been allowed.

How many negs have I gotten as a seller?

Wanna guess...?

In nearly 20 years of selling, I have, as of right now, TWO negative feedbacks. I have ONE neutral that was revised from a negative (gee, thanks!), and ONE negative that was made by a Non-paying bidder, and removed by eBay. In addition, I have a grand total of SIX neutrals. 

That's after selling THOUSANDS of items, across three accounts: Timdrake72, Graysoncollectibles, and Comic-Sutra.

How many did Graysoncollectibles get? Well, see for yourself:

https://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=graysoncollectibles&Dirn=Received+by

One neg, two neutrals.

Then when that ID got NARU'd, you had to have someone else register an ID for you so you could sell again. For someone who's such a stickler for the rules this sure seems hypocritical, maybe even fraudulent.

Also as usual, your pot-addled brain has led you to make things up that aren't true. I didn't have "someone else register an ID for me." I SHARE an EXISTING account with a friend...and yes...my name is right there, on the account with them. Do I owe you any of that information? Nope. I share it in the interest of transparency. Do you have any idea what eBay and I have worked out? Nope. Is it any of your business? Nope. 

Funny...I seem to be able to link all the appropriate pages, but you don't bother even noting what my "first ID" was..? hm

(It was Timdrake72, by the way.)

I wonder why that is...? Is it because what's there doesn't support your narrative...?

My first ID was NARU'd because I wouldn't play the games that sellers CANNOT get away with now, precisely BECAUSE people stepped up and said "no more."

You know, like one seller charging "$5 S&H", and I win 9 separate auctions for 9 comics...in 2002, mind you...and they try to charge me $45 to ship 9 different comics in the same package.

I said no. 

That kind of nonsense IS NOT ALLOWED now. 

Or the seller, "my95roadmaster", who decides to leave a neutral one business day after the auction ends. Do you think I'm going to send that guy money? Of course not. I would be insane to do so. Did I get a NPB strike for that? You bet. And after four of those, guess what? Bye bye buying account. 

And my selling id was NARU'd because...surprise surprise!...it was tied to my buying account, as I had made no effort to hide that fact.

In the olden days...? Bye bye, selling account.

And now we arrive at Comic-Sutra. Let's take a look at Comic-Sutra's feedback:

https://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=comic-sutra&Dirn=Received+by

As mentioned, I share that account with a friend (also a fact I have never tried to hide.) The listings with "stars" ----> " * " in the title are mine; the ones without are my friend's. 

What do you see...?

0 negatives (for me), and 2 neutrals (for me.)

Oh, and DSRs for Comic-Sutra...? 5 stars all the way down. Top-Rated seller since 2008, too, until I stopped selling in January, and I no longer met their sales threshold.

So, as mentioned, across nearly 20 years of selling...not counting, admittedly, the unknown number of negs/neutrals that may have been removed in the great purge...I have, as a seller:

Comic-Sutra: 0 negatives, (1 neg revised, 1 neg removed from NPB), and 2 neutrals.

Graysoncollectibles: 1 negative, 2 neutrals

Timdrake72: 1 negative, 2 neutrals

And 4 feedbacks revised for Comic-Sutra that I don't remember what they were, but obviously were worked out satisfactorily for the buyer.

For a grand total, across nearly 20 years of selling, and THOUSANDS of transactions: 2 negatives, and 6 neutrals from SEVEN different users.

I daresay, that record stacks up with the best of the best of the best. Why? Because I keep my nose clean, keep my customers happy, and play by the rules. 

...which, by your very presence, shows you don't know how to do. I'm sorry...who are you now to be lecturing ANYONE about "following rules"...? So, you wanna accuse people of being "hypocritical" and maybe even "fraudulent", when you don't have a damn clue what you're talking about...?

Says the guy who was banned from the CGC board in, what, 2005? For attacking Steve Borock and CGC relentlessly? And who makes up endless new accounts to target others over the years? I'm not your first target, nor will I be your last. 

Keep at it, then. "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

22 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
22 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Please PM me his name on Facebook.  

his actual name is trevor pender and he is in brooklyn. his FB name in comics groups is duran dominguez. if anyone knows him please take a dump on his shoes

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

What a jerk... and seriously I would like to see the screen caps because I cannot believe someone would be so stupid as to write that publicly.  Why would ANYONE want to deal with this guy whether it be on Facebook Comic groups or anywhere else?

Why not? People post dumb stuff all the time on the internet that they shouldn't.

After reading his FB posts on his timeline it's obvious he isn't a sharp knife.

Edited by VintageComics

I have an Ebay gripe from last night.  I have been selling CGC comics on Ebay for the past few months and last night, about 10 minutes after one of my auctions ended, I get an email stating the buyer is requesting to cancel the order.  This buyer had only 14 points so I allowed the cancellation as I didn't want to deal with any future problems.  The comic was $145 so I am kinda upset but I guess that's life on Ebay.

There should be some kind of penalty for someone who bids at the last minute and then changes their mind.  Other than 1 other nonpayer in over 50 books sold so far, Ebay has been working well for me.

Jeff

On 9/21/2018 at 8:23 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

...no. Leaving negative feedback for buyers was one of the most shortsighted, ill-conceived ideas that eBay ever had. It stifled honesty, because sellers were relentlessly leaving negative feedback in revenge. Buyers decided, instead of ruining their own accounts with retaliatory feedback, to simply not leave feedback at all, and bad sellers...with which eBay was, and is, infested...got off scott free.

As well, leaving negative feedback for buyers was pointless, because very few sellers checked buyer feedback, and of those that did, you cannot check feedback for bidders who snipe. 

There are ways to avoid buyers who don't pay, including setting your listings to reject buyers who have unpaid "cases" (or whatever they're calling them now these days) against them within a certain period of time.

Yes, this happened all the time with sellers leaving revenge feedback but something needs to be in place to keep both buyers and sellers in check.  Before, when you could leave negative feedback for buyers whenever I used to sell on ebay, I would hardly ever get buyers that didn't pay.  As soon as the rules changed, I had four buyers out of seven listings that did not pay.  I haven't sold on ebay since.  It's been years and years since I've sold anything on ebay.  I might sell something but it won't be worth a lot.

I'm in awe of those few sellers eBay sellers who can continually sell SA/BA books and stay at 100% FB. One in particular that I run into all the time is Tuners36. Has about a dozen neutral dings but a few are from same person. People bid like crazy on his/her auctions and there they are every week putting up more. What is their secret?

11 minutes ago, 787Sweet said:

I posted this emoj lol as a reply in the "Jim  Starlin charges extra for SS" thread when he posted "I'm being discriminated against!". That one post did it.

An apology would end it all, but I guess he's too full to swallow his pride and admit he overreacted. It doesn't seem like it will happen since he recently threatened to call every elected official in my town/county/state and tell them what a bad boy I am.

Logan510's bait worked. As demonstrated earlier in this thread, "Stu" has a lot of trouble telling fact from fiction, due to his severe and chronic abuse of pot over the years. I never said "I'm being discriminated against!", and "Stu" is, of course, "forgetting" the rest: that he thinks Signature Series buyers/sellers/collectors are scumbag profiteers, making money off the signatures of creators that the "flippers" don't deserve. At the heart of it, he's an elitist snob, who looks down his nose at anyone who doesn't collect they way he thinks they should. Sig Series? Scumbags. Like variants? You're a fool.

Those are the attitudes that I stood up to him about. And standing up to "Stu" guarantees you become his target.

Look at what he's saying here: other than to reply to his character assassination attempts, on this board where he's been banned for a dozen or more years, and doesn't have the privilege to post, I have completely left him alone.

Do I follow him around and harass him, posting personal information he doesn't want posted?

No. 

Do I post on the boards that still tolerate him?

Generally no.

Do I mention him here when he's not posting attacks with yet another shill?

Can't say it's never happened, but it's very rare, precisely so he does not have fuel. 

In other words, I completely and totally avoid him in every way possible.

But...if I apologize to him, for having a difference of opinion...then he'll stop creating shills on a board he has no right being on, to post personal information about me and others against our wishes, accuse me of fraud, bestiality, and God only knows what else...?

Does that sound right to anyone...?

Many of you may not be aware of this, because they've been deleted fairly quickly, but "Stu" has created dozens of shills to post these comments on this board, and they've all, or almost all, been deleted. Yet, CGC is incapable of preventing him from creating new ones, so the cycle continues. This is an example of the comments and/or user names he's made:

774222041_stucathell4.thumb.png.fc7d181647b0ff45e7ef3c0b8fce0739.png

Note user name: it's a reference to slathering peanut butter on one's genitals, and having your dog lick it off for sexual gratification (not something I've ever done.) Stu's made that particular retort multiple times. 

Understand what he's saying, and realize that this man is seriously, seriously ill. I am not his first target, nor will I be his last. This "apology" thing, however, is new, and demonstrates that he may finally be recognizing how far he's gone.

We'll see. 

37 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

Yes, this happened all the time with sellers leaving revenge feedback but something needs to be in place to keep both buyers and sellers in check.  Before, when you could leave negative feedback for buyers whenever I used to sell on ebay, I would hardly ever get buyers that didn't pay.  As soon as the rules changed, I had four buyers out of seven listings that did not pay.  I haven't sold on ebay since.  It's been years and years since I've sold anything on ebay.  I might sell something but it won't be worth a lot.

I agree with you, that there needs to be a balance, that eBay went from one extreme to the other, and that the threat of negative feedback had a measure (a small measure, but not none) of mitigating factor in getting people to pay. But that was far, far outweighed by the uselessness of the entire feedback system, which was meant to reward good sellers, "encourage" bad sellers to become good, and warn the community of those sellers who had no interest in being good sellers.

People are criticism averse. So, to avoid retaliation, they'll just keep their mouth shut...and the scumbag sellers...of which there were, and are, tons...got to perpetrate their crimes against the next in line. 

It was ugly, and appealed to the very worst in human nature.

1 hour ago, musicmeta said:

Its easy to keep buyers in check-ebay just doesnt want to do it.  Unpaid item or thrill bidding?  One week suspension.  2nd offense 2 weeks etc.  Buyer returns german newspaper?  Goes in his file.  Second occasion ok it wasnt just one seller making claims-now we have 2 independent reports of same activity. , 1 month suspension.  3 cases reported of returning german newspaper-one year suspension.  Another instance after that is lifetime ban.

5 minutes ago, DarkArts said:

We'll see what? If you apologize? This apology thing is nothing new, you've known it's been an option for over a year. I am emphasizing it now as an opportuniy to end this because your recent PM revealed how unbalanced you've become. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for you.

This is your out. Just PM me and I will not post, advertise, insinuate or disseminate etc the contents in any way. The annoyance will just stop.

Wow.

"Just do what I say, and I'll stop harassing you"

...said every mob enforcer who ever lived.

Wow.

This is why you guard your information online, folks. 

5 minutes ago, DarkArts said:

This would make sense if you hadn't started all this over a little butthurt.

#thickerskin

This is what psychosis looks like.

"You shouldn't have disagreed with me! It's your fault that I create dozens and dozens of shills on a board from which I have been banned for over a dozen years to harass you and accuse you of fraud, lying, bestiality, and to post your personal information for all to see. It doesn't matter if you don't interact with me and completely avoid me. It's still your fault that I stalk and harass you! You made me do it!"

The first victim of the sociopath is himself.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

4 minutes ago, DarkArts said:

There he goes, lying with semantics again, downplaying the situation he escalated. You started dropping F bombs, not me.

"You shouldn't have offended me! It's your fault that I create dozens and dozens of shills on a board from which I have been banned for over a dozen years to harass you and accuse you of fraud, lying, bestiality, and to post your personal information for all to see. It doesn't matter if you don't interact with me and completely avoid me. It's still your fault that I stalk and harass you! You made me do it!"