• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No more books for CGC - None are worth it

20 posts in this topic

I just sent off my last group of books (11 golden age) to CGC, and that's it for me.

I just don't have any more comics in my collection that are worth getting slabbed.

I've sent in about 50 books over the last 18 months -- probably a drop in the

bucket to some of the collections out there. My first thought was to slab ALL of

my nice books, but then it's funny how your definition of "nice" changes once

you see CGC's grading standards.

It's sort of good; no more slabbing fees. On the other hand, the whole process

of sending in books is kind of fun -- really examinig a book to see if it's worth it,

waiting, and then the confirmation/repudiation of your own grading standards.

So has anyone else reached the "end of the line" in their own collections?

gozer

--------------------

Ah, the miracle mile, where value wears a neon sombrero and there's not a single

church or library to offend the eye.

With all the horrendous waiting times I've seen and heard

you have a lot more of what I don't have...

patience.

Anyhow I have about 700 books that I feel are worth grading but I just can't part with them for over 3 months tops. Besides I would have to get a second mortage with that expense.

One day I was hoping CGC has some real competition so that their workload and wait time wouldn't be forever... I've just heard one too many people here talk about over a year back up and slop like that that makes me say screw that!

screwy.gif

i hear you, i have a nice little stack of Justice Leagues from the teens through the fourties. They sure seemed gorgeous when I bought them, but if they come back only 8.0s I've probably thrown away some money. is there a discount for bulk submissions? if it was a good one i think i can muster up 100 solid slabbing candidates.

With all the horrendous waiting times I've seen and heard

you have a lot more of what I don't have...

patience.

Anyhow I have about 700 books that I feel are worth grading but I just can't part with them for over 3 months tops. Besides I would have to get a second mortage with that expense.

One day I was hoping CGC has some real competition so that their workload and wait time wouldn't be forever... I've just heard one too many people here talk about over a year back up and slop like that that makes me say screw that!

screwy.gif

Wait times are actually a good thing. Seriously... just imagine if the wait times where shortened to just 3 days. Imagine how fast that would devalue your slabbed comics. All of sudden tons of people who submit their books... so much for rare modern... bronze or even silver age books! The wait times allow for new slabbed comics to enter the slabbed market slowly to not flood the current supply... you should all be praising the wait times!

You golden headed egghead! You have to study the market and see which books do well cgc'd then if you think yurs measures up you submit the rascle. There are still lots of home runs out there. Just don't get an Alpha Flight 36 graded OK?

You golden headed egghead! You have to study the market and see which books do well cgc'd then if you think yurs measures up you submit the rascle. There are still lots of home runs out there. Just don't get an Alpha Flight 36 graded OK?

I believe he was talking about his collection, not his "flipping" inventory.

I have some slabbed [embarrasing lack of self control] that is in my collection that I bought off the

rack in the late '50's thru the mid '70s. Most of you would giggle, snigger,

and ask why would you slab that POS?? Well, I bought it with some

hard earned snow shoveling money, managed to keep it in one piece

for 30 years, and it is dear to me. Other books that are pristine, beautiful,

lovely, slobbering and dying to have copies have no value to me but

as an investment. Flip for the max. thumbsup2.gif

Anyhow I have about 700 books that I feel are worth grading but I just can't part with them for over 3 months tops.

I had to laugh when I read this. I can think of a lot of reasons not to submit to CGC, but this is not one of them.

So what will your 700 books be doing in the next 3 months other than sitting in your house?

2182.jpg

...That's kind of creepy,...I just finished watching The Justice League Adventure DVD that featured Solomon Grundy "Injustice For All" not more than 15 minutes ago,..... blush.gif

...This was mine... jla092.JPG was also the first JLA I bought off the newstand as a kid.....

I have a 9.4 now,...I think this down under version is cool too.... sa56.JPG