• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #2 - Restored?

51 posts in this topic

I sold a book to that seller and a 2 weeks later another seller, stuffmart I believe had it for sale and it appeared to have been tweeked a bit. Staples maybe tightened. Maybe. Something's not quite right I think.

the seller claims that he is not a professional comicbook grader,,, so be careful, that sentence is your warning signal...ok?

also, the identities of the bidders are hidden ,which i never liked because it takes away a major advantage you as the bidder would have..[to see if the bidders are high quality bidders,guys with high ratings]....for all you know you could have guys with 0 ratings running up the price,this could be a good auction,but i think these are questions to at least consider,especially on ebay...do you know the seller,that would be a big plus in my book?

Looks a little better than a GA 8.0 too...

I can't believe he hasn't slabbed it for top dollar unless there is a reason.

Gosh, now what could that reason be? confused-smiley-013.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1) PLOD

2) GLOD

Did I leave something out? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Gosh, now what could that reason be? confused-smiley-013.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1) PLOD

2) GLOD

Did I leave something out? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Perhaps also (as a general rule)

3) Hijacked

I just sent the seller the following message:

Given that you are selling this "as is", and won't permit returns or provide assurances it is not restored, will you permit me to have an expert personally examine the book to check for restoration?

The examination can take place in a law office or federal building to ensure you are comfortable with the surroundings. Where in NY are you located? I am more than willing to fly up to your location. Moreover, I will provide written assurances to you that if the book is damaged in any way by the examination than you will be appropriately compensated. The examination will be video'd for the protection of all parties.

BTW, I am the EsquireComics you reference in your description. I look forward to hearing from you.

Mark

The response:

hi...im not interested or comfortable with anything like that ...im 78 years old and i do not have the kind of time you have...i just want to sell it after all these yearsand ship it out...good luck on bidding on it, thanks for your interest, regards

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Do I dare say what my instinct says here? makepoint.gif

I sold a book to that seller and a 2 weeks later another seller, stuffmart I believe had it for sale and it appeared to have been tweeked a bit. Staples maybe tightened. Maybe. Something's not quite right I think.

Blackhand, will you please send me the person's contact info, particularly the name used? If you don't want to post it on the boards, then please PM or e-mail me. Given my line of work, I can easily verify the information and identify the person, and in particular determine whether he is, in fact, 78 years old.

Beyond all this, sometimes people act peculiar because they just are. But the bottom line is, he knows I sold the CGC 8.0 for $15,500 and he says his copy is better. So, we are perhaps talking about a $20k+ book (I think Comiclink was trying to get $40k for their copy) and he doesn't want someone like me who could buy to examine it to my own satisfaction? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sniff, sniff. Something smells. 893whatthe.gif