• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New CGC bags are terrible

30 posts in this topic

On 10/5/2018 at 9:23 AM, Transplant said:

Anyone else notice that the bags the slabs come in are thinner and more of a PITA to work with, than the kind they used to use? 

Just an observation. 

Welcome to Friday.

That is so funny you posted that!  I just got a new delivery on Friday and thought the same thing about them !

On 10/6/2018 at 6:17 PM, Transplant said:

This. Not complaining about long term storage. That’s what Hotflips bag are for. These are bad for just taking out and reinserting them in the same bag. They’re so thin that the static makes it hard to do. 

I scanned a number of books with the new bags and ripped something like 25% of them taking them out once and putting them back in the bags. 

27 minutes ago, rob_react said:

I scanned a number of books with the new bags and ripped something like 25% of them taking them out once and putting them back in the bags. 

Flimsy, trashed up sleeves 
We'd hear it from the people of the town 
They'd call us

21 hours ago, Get Marwood & I Live! said:
22 hours ago, rob_react said:

Flimsy, trashed up sleeves 
We'd hear it from the people of the town 
They'd call us

rr.PNG.f388fcd1d179a4d5d819a75546541048.PNG

:sorry:

I do not care about the new bags, so much as the new boxes, which are "1 and done" use. I have, for years, sent back submissions in the old, heavy duty boxes they used to use. The new boxes are good...barely...for about a single shipment, and then they are fit only for recycling.

I am very tempted to send them a pallet...at my expense...and tell them to use those.

Are you out there @Brittany M....? If you need to raise the price of shipping to provide the old boxes...please do so. Cutting costs by cutting corners doesn't help anyone.

• Administrator
15 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I do not care about the new bags, so much as the new boxes, which are "1 and done" use. I have, for years, sent back submissions in the old, heavy duty boxes they used to use. The new boxes are good...barely...for about a single shipment, and then they are fit only for recycling.

I am very tempted to send them a pallet...at my expense...and tell them to use those.

Are you out there @Brittany M....? If you need to raise the price of shipping to provide the old boxes...please do so. Cutting costs by cutting corners doesn't help anyone.

I'll certainly pass this along @RockMyAmadeus

2 hours ago, Brittany M. said:
18 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'll certainly pass this along @RockMyAmadeus

So, interestingly, I received a 2 book shipment yesterday.  The box seemed to me to be the thicker, sturdy one I am used to receiving.  In addition, the slabs were slightly larger cases than the last shipment of moderns.  Perhaps related to that fact, the bags were the thicker "old" variety rather than the thin, crappy ones on my last shipment of moderns.