• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help needed - finding a comment on a (I think) blog website

9 posts in this topic

Hi !

A few weeks ago I had a little time to spare and did a search on the internet. Search words were either "Wonder Woman" or "Mort Weisinger". Looking for something totally different I stumbled on a website. I don't remember the topic of the site anymore and if it already contained the subject of the contest of a certain issue of "Wonder Woman", but I do remember that one of the comments was like "Hi, I was the winner (or one of the winners) of the contest" and "I never got the prize" or something like that.

Looking for other things I didn't pay much attention and realized only much later what the comment meant. Since then I tried to find the page once again, but I work on five different computers and couldn't remember at which day and time I was on that page.

It's not that important but it upsets me that I'm not able to find the site again.

Maybe one of you has more luck than me ?

Bye,

Archi

8 minutes ago, archivist said:

Hi !

A few weeks ago I had a little time to spare and did a search on the internet. Search words were either "Wonder Woman" or "Mort Weisinger". Looking for something totally different I stumbled on a website. I don't remember the topic of the site anymore and if it already contained the subject of the contest of a certain issue of "Wonder Woman", but I do remember that one of the comments was like "Hi, I was the winner (or one of the winners) of the contest" and "I never got the prize" or something like that.

Looking for other things I didn't pay much attention and realized only much later what the comment meant. Since then I tried to find the page once again, but I work on five different computers and couldn't remember at which day and time I was on that page.

It's not that important but it upsets me that I'm not able to find the site again.

Maybe one of you has more luck than me ?

Bye,

Archi

Hello.

I like a mystery.

Was this it?

http://www.hoodedutilitarian.com/2009/03/letter-to-the-believer-about-mort-weisinger/

Hi Marwood !

Unfortunately, no.

I checked all the responses in the comments, but there was nobody who said that he was the winner of the contest in a Wonder Woman issue.

Remarkable is on this site, that both of the children of Weisinger responded to the topic.

And most remarkable to me is that neither of them denied that their father was ... difficult.

But Marwood: Keep trying !

Bye,

Archi

Edited by archivist

Hi Wikked !

Yes, I'm pretty sure that the contest meant was in an issue of "Wonder Woman", probably a book from the 60s or 70s, when they did those things.

And thanks for your link, I found the comment where the guy complains that he didn't get his prize, but he meant a contest with action figures and not the contest in the DC book.

Thank you for your search and your reply !!

Let's see if we can find what I am looking for. I tried it yesterday again, but with no result. Maybe I am trying with the wrong search words, I don't know.

Bye,

Archi