• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,136 posts in this topic

Nice looking copy! I was thinking about bidding on that one too! You never see it come up for sale!!! Looks better then my fine copies!!! I was expecting triple digits!!! Not a bad price at all if it looks as good in hand!!

I haven't received this one yet, but it's on it's way. I have been looking for quite a while for a nice copy. The scan looks pretty good. I hope it looks good when I get it. :wishluck:

july20201.jpg

:pullhair:

Congrats on this one. I had every intention of winning that auction but then totally forgot to bid. I was ready to go triple digits if necessary. That's a book I almost never see in any kind of grade.

Thanks for the kind words. I turned down a seller who offered me a CGC 9.0 copy of this a couple years ago. I wanted a nice copy badly, but I thought his asking price was too much and figured I would come across another. I haven't seen a nice copy for sale since. When I saw it on ebay, I placed a snipe bid immediately. Hopefully, it looks nice when I have it in my hands. I'll make a new post when I get it. Incidently, I don't remember the seller's name with the CGC 9.0, but if you are reading this, :takeit:

Well, I just received the book, and I'm grateful nobody else bid because I would have overpaid badly. There is a tear in the lower left hand corner. It must have been hidden in the scan. It's the first thing I saw when I picked it up. This seller. He states in the description, that shipping in a box is $9.95. His invoice is for $6.95. I send him $15 for shipping and request he packages the book with care. He ships it in a manilla envelope between two pieces of cardboard and the book is sticking out from the cardboard in two spots. What a "spoon" :pullhair:

Anybody out there with a nice copy: PLEASE :takeit:

Ripped front cover!!! That is a deal breaker!!! That is a shame...looked like such a clean copy. And that kills me too when you go out of your way to ask the seller of an item you have been looking for to ship it a certain way and then you get the manilla envelope with nothing else in the mail. :pullhair: I always think twice whenever the seller says nm for a grade. Sorry about the rip...are you asking for a refund or just writing it off?

Nice looking copy! I was thinking about bidding on that one too! You never see it come up for sale!!! Looks better then my fine copies!!! I was expecting triple digits!!! Not a bad price at all if it looks as good in hand!!

I haven't received this one yet, but it's on it's way. I have been looking for quite a while for a nice copy. The scan looks pretty good. I hope it looks good when I get it. :wishluck:

july20201.jpg

Congrats on this one. I had every intention of winning that auction but then totally forgot to bid. I was ready to go triple digits if necessary. That's a book I almost never see in any kind of grade.

Thanks for the kind words. I turned down a seller who offered me a CGC 9.0 copy of this a couple years ago. I wanted a nice copy badly, but I thought his asking price was too much and figured I would come across another. I haven't seen a nice copy for sale since. When I saw it on ebay, I placed a snipe bid immediately. Hopefully, it looks nice when I have it in my hands. I'll make a new post when I get it. Incidently, I don't remember the seller's name with the CGC 9.0, but if you are reading this, :takeit:

Well, I just received the book, and I'm grateful nobody else bid because I would have overpaid badly. There is a tear in the lower left hand corner. It must have been hidden in the scan. It's the first thing I saw when I picked it up. This seller. He states in the description, that shipping in a box is $9.95. His invoice is for $6.95. I send him $15 for shipping and request he packages the book with care. He ships it in a manilla envelope between two pieces of cardboard and the book is sticking out from the cardboard in two spots. What a "spoon" :pullhair:

july20201.jpg

Wow, sorry to hear that. Although secretly I'm a little glad I forgot to driv your price up!

Unfortunately I bought about a hundred bucks worth of his other My Love's so I expect to screwed as well. And not in a way that will make me want to step out for a cig.

july20201.jpg

I won a couple of this guys My Loves... paid well for both. Hopefully they will be nice (as described) b/c I won't hesitate to neg him.

Ripped front cover!!! That is a deal breaker!!! That is a shame...looked like such a clean copy. And that kills me too when you go out of your way to ask the seller of an item you have been looking for to ship it a certain way and then you get the manilla envelope with nothing else in the mail. I always think twice whenever the seller says nm for a grade. Sorry about the rip...are you asking for a refund or just writing it off?

Outside of the rip, it would be a great copy. Incredible cover gloss. A little bend to the spine. It's nice enough that for $50 I'm just gonna keep it, but I'm still upset that I followed the guys instructions and sent extra money (and then $5 over the extra) and he ships it the way he did.

I have some really nice BA Romance books and I just want to find a nice copy of this damn book so I can turn the page and focus only on my DC War.

If anybody out there has a nice copy, please let me know!! :frustrated:

Here's one that just came in this afternoon... one more for my picture frame set:

Fantastic-Four-123---CGC-9.jpg

And here's a book I just won on ebay last night:

CaptainAmerica111-CGC9.4.jpg

I'm really excited about the cap, as I've been looking for a nice centered copy for some time. I hope the cover whites are nice in hand.

-Chris

I'm really excited about the cap, as I've been looking for a nice centered copy for some time. I hope the cover whites are nice in hand.

-Chris

Nice pick up!! (worship)

Edited by blue808

Here's one that just came in this afternoon... one more for my picture frame set:

-Chris

You outbid me for the Cap. :frustrated: I can't believe I forgot to set my auction snipe on it. You got it pretty cheap. The centering is the reason I wanted it too.

Scott

july20201.jpg

That sucks!

I have a CGC 9.0 copy that I will trade you for your CGC 9.2 Love Stories #5 lol

hm Anything else you're looking for?

some of my slabed modern books. :/

superman 642

superman642fb6.th.jpg

superman 649 signed by eaglesham

supermanss649ft3.th.jpg

superman 650

superman650ey4.th.jpg

superman confidential double ss cook, sale

supermanconfidential1ssux1.th.jpg

All Star superman 1

allstarsuperman1dm5.th.jpg

All Star superman 1 variant(neal adams cover)

allstarsuperman1variantmg3.th.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man 529 New Costume

asm529iu5.th.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man 539 Back in Black

asm539hl4.th.jpg

-Chris

nice!!

Got this sweet thing in today from fellow board member Foolkiller, nice clean copy :cloud9:

act252.jpg

Nice pick up. :headbang:

that is super nice copy. i have been looking for clean VG. very hard to find.

awesome book.

july20201.jpg

That sucks!

I have a CGC 9.0 copy that I will trade you for your CGC 9.2 Love Stories #5 lol

hm Anything else you're looking for?

No. Sorry. Are you sure you don't want to give up that 9.2? I've got 3 Love Stories #5 (1 cgc 7.0 and 2 raw). I would give you the My Love 9.0, a Love Stories #5, and some cash.

:whatev: