• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,157 posts in this topic

Been looking for a decent copy of this book for a bit so I thought I would post as it arrived today. Gil Kane + Picture Frame Marvel = :cloud9:

Thor205.jpg

What do you grade it at? I was just talking to Nik about this very same book being a person_without_enough_empathy to find in high grade.

Well wear on this book really shows up so it can and can swap your opinion like any true black cover.

Metro called this a 9.2 - I don't disagree, however it is NOT a 9.4. Its got really nice gloss and the inks and color pop out. The wear is not color breaking, BUT on this cover NCB wear tends to present almost as if it was color breaking wear if you know what I mean. I could see it come back in a 9.0 holder or a 9.2 holder if sent to CGC :juggle: its a very tough call.

Sorry about the big scans but its SA poop.

DS177tc.jpg[/img]

ST180Boston.jpg[/img]

2 very killer books!!

Try and get a slabbed 177 for your collection if you can. It's almost impossible to get in 9.4 and above, but the ones out there do trade hands from time to time, and prices are almost giveaway for a book that will always defy big census numbers.