• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

That is one sweet looking ASM#16 Tom!! :cloud9: This just in via the last Clink auction:

ST11394001.jpg

OMG! Yeah...it's an interesting thing about collecting...read the Strange and Stranger Ditko book in the last month and now I'm starting to get a hard-on for early ST 110 up...bought a few raw in the VF=VF+ range in the last few weeks and I'm starting to feel the tug...namisgr has some nice raw ones up right now...must resist...must resist...

It's funny with the ST villians of this era...111 you have Asbestos Man...113 you have Plant-Man...it's like Ditko and company were brainstorming on deadline looking around the studio and goin' "oh yeah, there's some asbestos-lined piping...how 'bout Asbestos Man...oh yeah, there's a potted plant, how 'bout Plant-Man which was a fairly common theme to a degree...witness cover TOS 19 in the Thirty Days Hath September thread in Silver Age... lol

It's funny with the ST villians of this era...111 you have Asbestos Man...113 you have Plant-Man...it's like Ditko and company were brainstorming on deadline looking around the studio and goin' "oh yeah, there's some asbestos-lined piping...how 'bout Asbestos Man...oh yeah, there's a potted plant, how 'bout Plant-Man which was a fairly common theme to a degree...witness cover TOS 19 in the Thirty Days Hath September thread in Silver Age... lol

lol You're dead on about the pitiful villains in ST: The Eel, the Rebel Rouser, and of course earlier we have Paste Pot Pete who's so bad he's cool!! No Thanos, Dr Doom or Ultron in that bunch doh! Oh, and since you mentioned TOS #19:

TOS19A.jpg

lol You're dead on about the pitiful villains in ST: The Eel, the Rebel Rouser, and of course earlier we have Paste Pot Pete who's so bad he's cool!! No Thanos, Dr Doom or Ultron in that bunch doh! Oh, and since you mentioned TOS #19:

TOS19A.jpg

It's funny...as an architect I'm putting together a sustainable design guidelines manual for a new client and I used this as a cover...with the caption stating that "as humans, we know we must go green, and apologize etc. for all the damage we've perpetrated on the planet..." It received quite the eye-opening surprise and went over well...well, I know I got a kick out of it...

TOS19A.jpg

It's funny...as an architect I'm putting together a sustainable design guidelines manual for a new client and I used this as a cover...with the caption stating that "as humans, we know we must go green, and apologize etc. for all the damage we've perpetrated on the planet..." It received quite the eye-opening surprise and went over well...well, I know I got a kick out of it...

lol:takeit: What a fun and effective way to start a presentation + eff 'em if they didn't get it!! :sumo: