• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

Here are some nice SA Marvels that I've picked up over the last couple of weeks.

Avengers7.jpg

All in all, it's been a good start to 2009. :banana:

Nice batch of Marvels!

The Avengers 7 cover always cracks me up with the villains all doin' the hand jive. Ol' Zima and Enchantress both seem quite transfixed by Thor's nether regions. Did he split his tights?

Jack

Wow!!!! Great books guys. What a haul of Spideys! And, Torch, two beautiful books. I'm sooooo dying to start picking up some WDCS (have you seen the offering in the upcoming Heritage auction? :cloud9: ) I may try and go after some of the lesser expensive ones :roflmao: .

After talking and coordinating with a guy for about two weeks to see approx 50,000 comics from a store backstock that closed sometime in early-mid 90s, today I finally got to go through the first 10% or so of the inventory. And I had a blast doing it. Recently, I looked at about 70 boxes of another store's backstock and the collection was mostly quarter fodder 90s drek. That wasn't the case today. There was a wide range of issues available, and some of it was drek, but there were many issues that made it a pleasure to waste 4 hours on. I'll probably go through some more tomorrow and could take awhile to go through it all.

Here's a sampling of what I bought today...and did I mention the collection was chock full of issues with MJ inserts? :grin:

Starslayer #2 Nice Grell issue...

starslayer2.jpg

...but what was really great is what I found on the backing board...

grellauto.jpg

Asylum #1 Never heard of or seen the title. Very nice horror cover...

asylum.jpg

Same with Gasp...

gasp.jpg

The Nam #1 Art Adams cover...

nam1.jpg

Daredevil #185 Always liked this cover...

daredevil185.jpg

Oh...and there also this issue. Next Men #21. Word has it it's the 1st Hellboy in a regular comic. And I found 5 of them... :/

nextmen21.jpg

Jim

I don't know what happened, but what I considered a lot of low bids came through for me on Heritage last week and this... here's my batch... I can't wait until they arrive!

vault39F.jpg

shock15F.jpg

Shock13-14F.jpg

Crypt43.jpg

Crypt40Fcgc.jpg

Crypt33F.jpg

Crime27F.jpg

Vault35F.jpg