• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Some stuff I picked up here & there this past week...

From these forums...

h181.jpg

gl76.jpg

HoS92.jpg

From a local pawnshop...

CA103.jpg

AWH29.jpg

CK70.jpg

Lancer.jpg

ea.jpg

RHK68.jpg

...that doesn't look like a 40+ woman hanging out in that tree, waiting to pounce on a younger man, but you can never tell what those cougars will do. Just wait 'till she finds out the Rawhide Kid doesn't swing her way. :D

Snorkel8.jpg

fb5.jpg

EA144.jpg

DCS4.jpg

The DC Special #4 is in rough shape, I bought it just because I wanted to read it, only to discover later it's the 1st appearance of Abel! As I was reading it, I noticed that Cain was acting like he hadn't seen Abel since forever ago, so I whipped out my trusty OS guide and looked it up. OS says Abel only makes a cameo, but he tells two stories on his own, so I consider it a first appearance.

You never know what you'll find in a pawnshop, I guess.

The DC Special #4 is in rough shape, I bought it just because I wanted to read it, only to discover later it's the 1st appearance of Abel! As I was reading it, I noticed that Cain was acting like he hadn't seen Abel since forever ago, so I whipped out my trusty OS guide and looked it up. OS says Abel only makes a cameo, but he tells two stories on his own, so I consider it a first appearance.

KUDOS to you for purchasing off the Boards and sharing your sweet Pawn Shop find with us!!!! You are truly appreciated! :applause:

KUDOS to you for purchasing off the Boards and sharing your sweet Pawn Shop find with us!!!! You are truly appreciated! :applause:

Thanks for the kudos DPP! However, I do buy frequently from these boards, and I only found out about the Pawn Shop buys after a guy came into my LCS while I was there, waving around a copy of TMNT #1 he found there, that he paid $1 for.

He was wondering if it was worth anything.

I almost gagged. Against my better judgement, I looked at it, declared it to be a true first printing, and offered him $100 cash on the spot. He balked, so I offered him $200 cash (it was a mid-grade copy at best). I should have been an and told him it was an Archie comics printing. :P I know my cash offers may seem low, but he had only paid $1 for it, minutes ago. At any rate, he told me where the pawn shop was, and I went there to see what he'd missed, and it was pretty much everything else....the pawn shop pics, I paid $1 each for. The 'Enemy Ace' with Neal Adams, I'm very happy to have.

Thanks for the kudos DPP! However, I do buy frequently from these boards

I know you do (since your rant of course) and that was my point :whistle::foryou:

I'm never going to live that rant down, am I? :/

I know you do (since your rant of course) and that was my point :whistle::foryou:

^^

^^

I enjoyed it as well... :devil:

Picked this up at the Atlanta Comic Con. It was a hard decision. The choices were Human Torch #3 VF(restored), Miss Fury #8 VF and this Detective #143 6.5/7.0. I chose the Detective due to its scarcity and popularity. The character on the cover resembles a late-night talk show host don't you think???

DETECTIVE143.jpg

Picked this up at the Atlanta Comic Con. It was a hard decision. The choices were Human Torch #3 VF(restored), Miss Fury #8 VF and this Detective #143 6.5/7.0. I chose the Detective due to its scarcity and popularity. The character on the cover resembles a late-night talk show host don't you think???

DETECTIVE143.jpg

Nice decision IMO :D

Edited by radjack