• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Looks like a pizzed off younger Stan Lee on the cover of SOHH :eek:

I was thinking the same thing

lol

Me 3!

It must have been intentional.

Jimmy Janes (signed) (Pencils) Bob Smith (signed) (Inks)

Who are they? Did they work for Marvel earlier?

Jack

thanks to DimebagD i now have the #2 lenore i needed. and this covers art is the best of them all. scanner isnt working right now but it is very nice. thank you.

Just back from WonderCon and an extra day of vacation...

Here's my only pickup of note:

asm1-fc.jpg

Thats a nice looking 3.5 ? Great looking book. (thumbs u

DRX

Harvey Dude sent me this which arrived today!!! Nice piece of Overstreet history and it was owned by the Dentist to boot.

Thanks Harvey Dude!!!!

HPIM1586.jpg

CopyofHPIM1585.jpg

Very nice Brian :applause: I thought about buying that one as well when I saw it in Harvey Dude's thread.

I love those checkerboard DC'S

Thanks

I love so much that they're my main collecting focus.

That's quite a haul! Really like the Sea Devils...

Overabundance of riches this week!

Four from ciorac for the "element collection" -- thanks for a nice deal on these "Pat K collection" books.

Space Action 2 Aug-52 Ace, Silicon Monsters from Galaxy X. Classic cover and a very odd space travel story that seems to mix up silicon and silica in the big resolution.

SpaceAction2.jpg

Space Adventures 7 Jul-53 Giordano cover. Sort of an accident but a terrific gold story and a strange sex-change story.

SpaceAdventures7.jpg

Strange Adventures 17 Feb-52. I've wanted this one for a long time -- a Captain Comet story about "Synthetic Men" with calcium nitrate, calcium carbonate, oxygen and nitrogen in the resolution! Then a backup story that I didn't even know about with a guy wandering around someone's (well-lighted) brain looking for chunks of radium and quenching them with lead sulfate.

Strangeadv17.jpg

Strange Worlds 8 Aug-52, Avon. I got it for The Metal Murderer cover that turns out to only have a "platinum dollar" reference in it, but that's the weakest story in the book! Artwork by Lazarus, Kinstler, Kubert and Hollingsworth!

StrangeWorlds8.jpg

Jack

Overabundance of riches this week!

From an ebay seller that I hadn't tried before, Riot 1 Apr-54, Atlas. A bit rough but under a Burgos cover are Mad-style stories by Heath, Post, Hartley, Maneely and Colan!

Riot1.jpg

I have a Riot #3 coming soon!

Jack