• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

Sweet books Arex! Where did you get those and what do you grade the 395?
thanks bro!

I don want to divulge my source yet. But I'm sure the books I didn't take(and there are some flippin sweets ones) will be offered here eventually.

I've gotthe 395 as a 9.2+

I had always wanted to see what a CGC 9.8 was like and must admit I am impressed.Got the book from mcmiles ...highly recommended .The other is one of my favorite of the old Batmans....this issue also has the famous "cold shower" panel.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

HowardtheDuck12.jpg

BAT84.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

I had always wanted to see what a CGC 9.8 was like and must admit I am impressed.Got the book from mcmiles ...highly recommended .The other is one of my favorite of the old Batmans....this issue also has the famous "cold shower" panel.GOD BLESS...

HowardtheDuck12.jpg

BAT84.jpg

Yep , mcmiles is a good egg ! (thumbs u

HowardtheDuck12.jpg

BAT84.jpg

That 9.8 is something....I can't find anything wrong with it. I can definitely see the appeal of high grade bronze.It's amazing that something 35 years old and started out on a spinner rack could be so nice.GOD BLESS...

HowardtheDuck12.jpg

BAT84.jpg

That 9.8 is something....I can't find anything wrong with it. I can definitely see the appeal of high grade bronze.It's amazing that something 35 years old and started out on a spinner rack could be so nice.GOD BLESS...

it's a good duck from a good egg ? (shrug)

:gossip:...I know , that's so lame . I take it back. :whistle:

Nothing major here, but I picked all of these up at a local garage sale yesterday morning:

1) Tales of Terror 1 thru 13

2) Twisted Tales 1 thru 10

3) Twisted Tales of Bruce Jones 1 thru 4

4) Xenozoic Tales 1 thru 14 (two #1's)

5) Weird Tales Illustrated #1

6) Weird Tales of The Future #1

All in NM- to NM+ condition (most in NM+). :grin:

Xenozoic Tales 1 thru 14 (two #1's)

:cloud9:

One of my favorite series. Pokerkid's Xenozoic 1 CGC 9.8 was totally impressive as well. I never even noticed the playing cards on the table until he bought the book.

Nice find!

Here are three nice 1965 Marvels I picked up at the Toronto Con.

The Spider-Man was an upgrade I debated (note the three long folds on the cover...far more noticeable in the scan) but purchased as my, now, undercopy had a tape pull that bugged me a bit.

ASM30.jpg

I was happy with the Avengers as it is my earliest copy from the pre-1966 period I am interested in. I have never been a big Avengers reading fan as balancing so many diverse heroes in one title always seemed a real task for both writer and artist. So I appreciate this book for the Kirby cover and the Heck art (Ayers did a marvelous job on the inks). The GCBD lists Frank Giacoia as the inker for Kirby. I am sure they are right but it really does have a Gil Kane look to it.

Av17.jpg

This FF was probably my best purchase... sold to me from a 50% off bin as a 7.0. I wish I could buy 7.0s like this all day long... the long transverse stress line by the bottom staple is only easy to see in the scan and the colours are eyepopping. Another great and probably unappreciated Kirby cover as it seldom comes up for discussion when discussing his FF work. #47 is also the last issue for the "small print" Marvel colophon that was originally designed by Ditko back in February 1963 (Apr./May issue dates) for all the Marvel titles.

FF47.jpg