• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Wow.....compared to whats been shown on here lately....this new book of mine is chicken droppings...... :(

But .....its still whats new in MY collection.....so here it is......

Turok 20 from 1960 . Nice and flat, solid......bout a 7.0 - 7.5 I think :wishluck: Was advertised as an 8.0

Turok20.jpg

and back cover too.......

Turok20back.jpg

Hulk15294Circle8.jpg

Great era for Hulk and killer copies :applause:

Yea Bill......20 cent copies seems like such an innocent and long ago time

Hulk12694NL.jpg

Great book. Very nice find. I am going to make a personal opinion comment and hope I don't get burnt at the stake for it. No offense to your book, but OMG, Herb Trimpe was a TERRIBLE artist!!! That looks like my 6 year old nephew drew it.

I will say he got a little better as the years went by, but even Hulk 181 has horrid art for the intro of a top 5 character of all time. Just my :blahblah:......Great looking books. Hope your not upset with me. I have about 30 of Trimpes Hulk books myself, so........

Any ideas on who did the cover to that Uncanny Tales? Looks like Burgos or Lawrence

(shrug) This is a new area of collecting for me so I'm not much help...

Jim

You're in for a heck of a lot of cool books then

I got this in the mail Saturday. It's my newest till tomorrow. It's about a 6.5-7.0 Tanning and smudges holds it back a bit. Still really proud of it.

ae_3.jpg

Who would want a mid-grade copy of a book featuring the first appearance of a character nobody has ever heard of (shrug)

:takeit:

I got this in the mail Saturday. It's my newest till tomorrow. It's about a 6.5-7.0 Tanning and smudges holds it back a bit. Still really proud of it.

ae_3.jpg

:golfclap:

Hulk12694NL.jpg

Great book. Very nice find. I am going to make a personal opinion comment and hope I don't get burnt at the stake for it. No offense to your book, but OMG, Herb Trimpe was a TERRIBLE artist!!! That looks like my 6 year old nephew drew it.

I will say he got a little better as the years went by, but even Hulk 181 has horrid art for the intro of a top 5 character of all time. Just my :blahblah:......Great looking books. Hope your not upset with me. I have about 30 of Trimpes Hulk books myself, so........

I agree with you about Herb Trimpe.