• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Got these in today from Ritter, always admired both covers.

25 is also a Big Apple Copy

mis25cover0001.jpg

mis53cover0001.jpg

Pretty nice 53. Congrats!

Just got this all the way from Hawaii....courtesy of senbi575. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo( friend of jesus) (thumbs u

bo34.jpg

bo34b.jpg

this book looks much nicer than a 7.5...must have interor tears or something? did you get the notes?

It has a small piece missing at the top of the spine and about 1/4 " spine split/tear....the kind of defect that goes good in a slab. It's hard to see and the book looks great without it....glossy and flat. The dust shadow on the back is a lot less noticeable in person. One thing I like about SA D.C.'s is the way the cover stock stays so white. I guess I'm lucky that a book like this that I've ALWAYS loved is soft in today's market....I got it for half guide. Ben got it for a good price too...but he's into Spectre More Fun covers and wanted to free up the cash for those. I really couldn't afford it....but we're starting to get OT at work again and I couldn't resist at that price. It's the first copy I've ever owned....and I agree with Atlas and JohnT.....it's gotta be one of the best covers ever.....and if you look real close in the toll bridge lane directly below the words "slow down", you can see the Batmobile in line behind a Cadillac. I guess Batman and Robin were too busy doing something else to jump out and help :baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

Congrats Jimbo. (worship)

That is a undervalued Silver Age Key. Have one myself , not as nice as yours , but still a vg + at least . One of the best covers in the Silver Age IMO also.

Joe Kubert shines inside also . (thumbs u

Just got this yesterday. Thanks to forum member byosti. I am resubbing it next week. In hand the book looks like a 9.0 Either way, I am happy. Been after this one for several years. I'll keep everyone posted on the new grade....

image18.jpg

20018.jpg

Did you do a Buy Now on this with eBay, as I noticed there were two copies that came up, but only one sold.

What a great book!

Yes, but I did not see the other one !! Will look again there are 3 in the census.

Just got this yesterday. Thanks to forum member byosti. I am resubbing it next week. In hand the book looks like a 9.0 Either way, I am happy. Been after this one for several years. I'll keep everyone posted on the new grade....

image18.jpg

Going by the front cover alone, the book could have a 9.6 on the label and I would believe it. I was going to buy it myself, but it had already sold. Nice pickup.

image18.jpg

That book was a steal....I don't see how it could get any less than 8.5, with a real good shot at 9.0....such a cool book. Congrats. GOD BLESS...

Picked this up in the last Clink auction, freshly liberated from its Barex prison:

FF13.jpg

Great cover. And theres something very cool about the 12c in a circle price (thumbs u Great pick up DP

No FF collection would be complete without it.....and the ad for ASM 1 and TOS 39 :cloud9: ....what a couple of months that was .GOD BLESS...

Congrats Jimbo. (worship)

That is a undervalued Silver Age Key. Have one myself , not as nice as yours , but still a vg + at least . One of the best covers in the Silver Age IMO also.

Joe Kubert shines inside also . (thumbs u

I have a copy that I'm planning on cracking out to read, but I've been waiting for a special occasion (kind of like a fine wine...am I a geek or what???). Can't wait to see that Kubert interior!

Ya. It's not quite a 9.6, but I honestly would not be shocked if it got a 9.2....Back cover is very clean. Just a little date stamp on the back.

I would get the grader's notes first. You are correct that it is a handsome looking book but I suspect there is a hidden defect. Rusty staples, detached centerfold,

page tear ????