• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

I am aware of three posters:

Captain America Comics 37 - the one pictured,

Marvel Mystery 66 - Human Torch Death Ray, and

All Winners 11 - the big three blowing up a Nazi oil storage facility

I have also seen a paited cover recreation of Marvel Mystery 15

I am aware of three posters:

Captain America Comics 37 - the one pictured,

Marvel Mystery 66 - Human Torch Death Ray, and

All Winners 11 - the big three blowing up a Nazi oil storage facility

I was at SDCC in 1985 and picked up ALL 3 of these posters and was fortunate enough to have Alex himself, who was in attendence that year, sign them all. What an honor to meet such a legend I really wish I had taken a picture of him doing the signings......that would be a really great pic. I can still picture him sitting there at that table. I didn't even have to wait in line, I just walked right up to him. That was when the show was at the other place. Not the El Cortez.....but not the new convention center either.....that other middle place. I still have this poster today !!

IMG_4913.jpg

IMG_4919.jpg

Hehehe....look at this picture from about 1986. My son who was born in '85 ....in his crib. Look at the framed pic on the wall above him.....its the signed Alex Schomburg Marvel Mystery #66.......Imagine wakin up to THAT every morning !!! That kids gotta have an apprecication for comics....he's just gotta !!!

BrentwithSchomburgTorchcopy.jpg

Edited by Senormac