• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,150 posts in this topic

Upgraded my AF15 a while ago, just never posted the new copy. I only went up by a .5 grade increase, but this book is worlds nicer than my old one.

4331261858_c97a78869c.jpg

awesome book!! Dan is in the market for one soon I believe

I was selling my old one a while ago, but obviously someone bought it. They're not hard to find, so cheers to him!

Just worked out I've broken even on purchases and sales for January but now don't have my ASM # 1 cgc 5.0 restored or X-men # 94 fair

BUT in exchange I did get:

AF # 15 cgc 6.5 ® pence copy

JIM # 89 cgc 6.0 SS (Stan Lee twice)

Some nice mid grade Marvels - Avengers # 4, 7, FF #'s 4, 25 (2), 71, ToS # 58, ASM #'s 39, 62, 101, 102 (2), 300, Strange Tales # 107, Nick Fury # 1

plus FF # 9 FR

Some Greytones - Showcase # 28 plus 11 other Sea Devils, OFF # 20 (VF+), Strange Adventures # 80, 5 #'s GIC, B&B # 23

Some early DC SIlver Age - 10 #'s Adventure 300 and under; 11 #'s HOM; Western Comics X2; Three Mouseketeers X3; Action # 252

Tales To Astonish # 21 Fair - Hulk proto

Some Marvel Bronze - Marvel Premiere # 15, Spotlight # 28, Ast Tales # 25, Spider Woman # 1, Ms Marvel # 1

IMGP1040.jpg[/img] IMGP1041.jpg[/img]

I also got these Silver Age cover recreations in the post this week - can't wait to frame them.

My wife stopped me spending any money a few years ago so I can only add/change around my collection by selling so although hard to lose a key I enjoy the chase of replacing. Anyone else in a similar boat?

Mikey

Upgraded my AF15 a while ago, just never posted the new copy. I only went up by a .5 grade increase, but this book is worlds nicer than my old one.

4331261858_c97a78869c.jpg

awesome book!! Dan is in the market for one soon I believe

I was selling my old one a while ago, but obviously someone bought it. They're not hard to find, so cheers to him!

Ya finding one is easy..affording one is another story lol I would like a graded 1.5 or something a little higher restored but I never see restored AF15 low grades out there.

As for the Surfer, very nice book!!! I like it a lot.

I just got back from my local LCS with a X-men #42. I'd say it's around a 8.0. Got it for 35$ too!

Another purchase from Bunky Brian (Bunky Brothers). Once again, Brian has provided me with a book very tightly graded, quickly shipped and well-packaged -- and at a good price.

I am also very pleased with the level of communication. I'm picky about what sort of defects I can live with in mid-grade books (particularly given that scans leave some defects unrevealed and, on the other hand, often accentuate some visual flaws) --- Brian took the time to review the book in light of a series of questions I posed. You can probably tell I'm pleased.

Amazing Spider-Man Annual #2, November 1965 (newsstand, August 1965).

ASMA2Nov65F.jpg

It's great to have two of Ditko's finest creations in one story but unusual in that Peter Parker doesn't appear in the narrative.

IMGP1040.jpg

All the DCs, :takeit: Nice stuff. The other stuff is okay too. ;)

My wife stopped me spending any money a few years ago so I can only add/change around my collection by selling so although hard to lose a key I enjoy the chase of replacing. Anyone else in a similar boat?

Mikey

Kinda. Although, I am able to save a little discretionary cash each week, it's nowhere near as much as I'd like it to be. Thus, I have to liquidate pieces of my SA/BA/CA superhero collection to afford certain books.

Great stuff Dover :applause:

don't you love my "focus"?

:insane:

I'm sure plenty of collectors focus solely on Adams and Peanuts...