• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,135 posts in this topic

because they are fattist?

Yes. For that reason.

Prevaricator.

Folks enjoy posting about how distasteful this conduct & that conduct in the hobby is to them.

~~~

EC's such as this one weren't about comeuppance; they were about chicks getting their heads axed off. Conan axed off plenty of heads; but it was a very different kind of violence.

this is probably not the place for this discussion, but almost all Superheros destroy buildings, kill people, blast this blast that, without consequences.

I think thats a big problem with a lot of media - its violence without consequences

In this story the couple get busted, they are going to the chair for their evil -> consequences. Also they were trying for shock value. Same as Marilyn Manson or whatever, part of it is trying to be shocking; bit of teen rebellion etc

Personally I love pretty much all the EC lines

Yes. For that reason.

Prevaricator.

Folks enjoy posting about how distasteful this conduct & that conduct in the hobby is to them.

~~~

EC's such as this one weren't about comeuppance; they were about chicks getting their heads axed off. Conan axed off plenty of heads; but it was a very different kind of violence.

this is probably not the place for this discussion, but almost all Superheros destroy buildings, kill people, blast this blast that, without consequences.

I think thats a big problem with a lot of media - its violence without consequences

In this story the couple get busted, they are going to the chair for their evil -> consequences. Also they were trying for shock value. Same as Marilyn Manson or whatever, part of it is trying to be shocking; bit of teen rebellion etc

Personally I love pretty much all the EC lines

That's cool. I understand your point & I think you understand mine. Sorry to disrupt the thread.

Yes. For that reason.

Prevaricator.

~~~

If you're not down with the gratuitous violence, that's cool. I was merely calling wildly_fanciful_statement on the fact that you would boycott a book based on the fact that it poorly or prejudicially portrayed fat people. That's what I took "fattist" to mean.

If you're not down with the gratuitous violence, that's cool. I was merely calling wildly_fanciful_statement on the fact that you would boycott a book based on the fact that it poorly or prejudicially portrayed fat people. That's what I took "fattist" to mean.

Sean, you goofy idjit.

My objection was posted just below the chubby chick thing from Doc Joe by a circumstance of timing (check my reply: it wasn't to DJ).

His fattist thing, I'm pretty sure, was a joke to me about this timing. I responded with an ironic affirmative.

Come now, Sean. Follow along more closely. Now move up to the front of the class where we can keep an eye on you.

What was superior about EC's in most respects was the art. Just look at that CS18 cover!

What a roster of talent Gaines assembled.

seriously, get it together Sean, Tupps is right

:roflmao:

Both of you can eat me. I'm blaming it on being hypoglycemic after a workout. :whistle:

I detect a subtle strain of fattism here. (tsk)

What was superior about EC's in most respects was the art. Just look at that CS18 cover!

What a roster of talent Gaines assembled.

(thumbs u

No doubt. They're a serious cut above the rosters of most publishers in most eras. But the over-the-top content is not to be minimized. It's a powerful package all around.