• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

WOW! Greggy pulling out all the stops today!That Avengers #59s colors just POP.

This is why you are the Master,and we but your subjects. (worship)

:acclaim:

The person who was selling the books for his friend is aware of CGC, as he graded his collection a few years ago and got $380K for it. :o

The Vancouver Pedigree?

No

The Vancouver Kid Pedigree? :insane:

:o

Geez, get a room. :luhv:

I mean those d-amn canadians always coming on here with cool looking books sheeesh,is that better. ;)

Thanks, some guy at a local con was selling the mostly original owner collection of his friend who is ill and needs the $$.

The beauty of it is that the local market doesn't really appreciate these types of books so despite me not being there first, I was able to buy the most of the books.

I wasn't able to pay for everything total (12 more books - ASM 31, 66, 68, 74, 75, 77, 80, 84, 94, 108 and Silver Surfer 8 and 12). Paid $3000 for the lot, which is huge for a local convention but will make back tons.

The quality was so good for the late 60s and later stuff that I had to leave so solid 9.4 books.

The person who was selling the books for his friend is aware of CGC, as he graded his collection a few years ago and got $380K for it. :o

I hope to eventually get to the Batmans, Detectives, and Green Lanterns. :wishluck:

Aw darn, I forgot to go to the Vancouver Comic Con... :sorry:

Oh well, it's bi-monthly, isn't it?

That Silver Surfer #14=:cloud9:

SS #11 looks like a 9.6 from FC...I'm in love <3. That is one run that I haven't started yet but will in the future when I have real dough for HG examples. Long live the Surfer and hey Marvel, how's about a Silver Surfer ongoing one of these days...sheesh! :idea:

That Silver Surfer #14=:cloud9:

SS #11 looks like a 9.6 from FC...I'm in love <3. That is one run that I haven't started yet but will in the future when I have real dough for HG examples. Long live the Surfer and hey Marvel, how's about a GOOD Silver Surfer ongoing one of these days...sheesh! :idea:

:wishluck:

Thanks, some guy at a local con was selling the mostly original owner collection of his friend who is ill and needs the $$.

The beauty of it is that the local market doesn't really appreciate these types of books so despite me not being there first, I was able to buy the most of the books.

I wasn't able to pay for everything total (12 more books - ASM 31, 66, 68, 74, 75, 77, 80, 84, 94, 108 and Silver Surfer 8 and 12). Paid $3000 for the lot, which is huge for a local convention but will make back tons.

The quality was so good for the late 60s and later stuff that I had to leave so solid 9.4 books.

I hope to eventually get to the Batmans, Detectives, and Green Lanterns. :wishluck:

Aw darn, I forgot to go to the Vancouver Comic Con... :sorry:

Oh well, it's bi-monthly, isn't it?

Next full one is September 12th. They have one mainly for indie artists on August 29th but it sucks.

Geez, get a room. :luhv:

I mean those d-amn canadians always coming on here with cool looking books sheeesh,is that better. ;)

That's better. (:

Of course but I will be more picky.

I can buy more from this guy much cheaper than what I can buy similar books in SD.

Hell yeah.

Books are priced very fairly and the page quality is pretty well white for all the books.

I won't see the guy again until after SD so you can relax for now.

Edited by greggy