• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,135 posts in this topic

Well, back from San Diego and I seem to have started a small original art collection. It was not on the radar when I left.

When I was at the Hero Initiative booth to meet Bob Overstreet, I saw that Dave Gibbons would be there at the same time, so I asked them to have him do a card with Judge Dredd, which he drew back in his 2000 A.D. days.

Dave-Gibbons-Judge-Dredd-ca.jpg

When picking it up, Cully Hamner was at the booth and they talked me into having a sketch done. Got to talk with him for a short while. Nice guy and this is the Question he drew.

Cully-Hamner-Question-card.jpg

Wandering around, I was lucky enough to see Dan Leister's pages. Grimm's Wonderland stuff is rich with the possibility for playing cards. I really like Leister's work and was surprised how affordable his pages were. I was thrilled I could add this one and wish he had more similar pages. This is page 3 from Return to Wonderland 4.

Dan-Leister-Return-to-Wonde.jpg

But of course, the big one for me was pulling the trigger on a Neal Adams sketch. It cost me more than any comic in my collection and I am sure well more than it is worth if I try to resell it, but to get a sketch done by my favorite artist and reminiscent of my favorite of his Batman covers #251 was something I decided I would regret, so...

Neal-Adams-Joker-Batman.jpg

th_DSC_0542_edited-1.jpg

Friend told me my book just came in the mail & its going to be off in my next shipment :)

img867.jpg

I snipped it on ebay for $35.99 a bit ago I'm glad I bid the .99 cause I almost got outbid lol is anyone here iamshellhead ?

Edited by synch