• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,136 posts in this topic

I picked these up over the past few weeks for my Marvel Western collection. a couple place holders and a coupls nice copies. I have to thank Jimbo for the 107. He was extremely nice and sold it to me. Some great Kirby Ayers covers. I still need to crack it out to read it. The Kid Colt 43 was a cheap circle 8 and I couldn't pass it up at the price.

scan0094.jpg

scan0095.jpg

scan0096.jpg

scan0097.jpg

scan0098-1.jpg

scan0099.jpg

That is a really fun time period for Marvel westerns. Lots of great stories and art :applause:

I was scanning these for a want to buy thread, and remembered how much I love them. My dad, brother and I all worked for the Forest Service at one time, and I worked in fire for about 12 years. I've got all the Smokey Bears except a few March of Comics issues. I've got all the Woodsy Owls too. Currently, I'm working on the later Gold Key Lassie books with Timmy's dad in his Forest Service uniform on them - only have one so far, so I guess I'm not working that hard on them :lol:

First Dell issue:

FC653Dell1.jpg

First Smokey Bear appearance:

ffcopyaNS.jpg

I met up with some board members, Freekster, Tortoise, and ckp1860, today which was fun. They are a great guys and I enjoyed meeting them. I went out not looking to spend any money, but ended up picking these up at the LCS. A little outside the western box I have been trying to focus on, but they were too nice not to pick up; the inks are incredible in person.

scan0107.jpg

scan0106.jpg

scan0105.jpg

scan0104-1.jpg

scan0103-1.jpg

scan0102.jpg

scan0101.jpg

scan0100.jpg

Edited by BrianR

This one just in courtesy of boardie Filter81:

JIM9092jpg.jpg

Thats a sweet book. :cloud9: The date stamp is a bonus too.

Thanks Bro! (thumbs u Unobtrusive date stamps are cool in my book as well.

Love those Westerns of yours! Late Silver + early Bronze goodness :cloud9: