• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,158 posts in this topic

Two eBay buys to help my BA #1's project. I LOVE both these books but especially the JIM 1 :cloud9:

i avoid BA books - but your grabs are slowly luring me in -some of the cover art is fantastic. congrats.

Picked-up a small lot of books recently, which included this book.

After looking for a copy for years...I've been lucky enough to find two copies in the last month. :o

Cry for Dawn #3 Horror Con Edition

cfd3hc.jpg

Wear by the staples and outer edge, but overall the book is pretty nice.

How about selling one? ... like to me? PM me ... ? :blush:

what i wonder...some of these comics, like polish spideys or serbia WDs...seriously, what could the print-runs possibly have been? serbian WDs...unless it's a tiny country of zombie fanatics, how many people could have possibly bought one? 500? how does it make economic sense? poland is a big country and i suppose if spidey is really popular over there, maybe, but i kindah think not because they probably only got exposed in the 80's if not later, so no three generations of kids growing up on spidey...how many polish spideys could there possibly be? mexican (especially because these could be sold anywhere in the spanish speaking world), german (though iwonder why as 99% if germans seem to speak english fluently), even french...I can see enough of a market, but some of these other editions... someone has to translate them..

what i wonder...some of these comics, like polish spideys or serbia WDs...seriously, what could the print-runs possibly have been? serbian WDs...unless it's a tiny country of zombie fanatics, how many people could have possibly bought one? 500? how does it make economic sense? poland is a big country and i suppose if spidey is really popular over there, maybe, but i kindah think not because they probably only got exposed in the 80's if not later, so no three generations of kids growing up on spidey...how many polish spideys could there possibly be? mexican (especially because these could be sold anywhere in the spanish speaking world), german (though iwonder why as 99% if germans seem to speak english fluently), even french...I can see enough of a market, but some of these other editions... someone has to translate them..

Well, I can tell you most all of them had incredibly low print runs. These things are MUCH harder to find than AF 15 or such rare keys. It's rare to find these online at all, but when you do, it's hard to find two similar copies. I'd never even heard of the Polish ones until the member who sold these to me explained the history behind them. I'll try to see if I can find the print run in the comic, but it can't have been more than about 1000. Most of those probably went unsold and were destroyed, and the others disappeared or worn out over time. I believe these were printed in the US since they mostly match the paper quality and material.

Rarity depends on the country, though. There are many German and British comics graded on the census, but zero Hungarian, Russian or Polish comics. There are LCS's that stock back issues in Germany and Spain, and probably others. However, I haven't heard of any in Mexico. It also gets hard to find these since lots of smaller countries don't have eBay, but rather smaller auction sites that don't get as many users and aren't as secure. I've been lucky in finding these via the odd eBay listing, and some very nice members on this board who live in countries like Poland, Spain, Belgium and Japan.

Two eBay buys to help my BA #1's project. I LOVE both these books but especially the JIM 1 :cloud9:

jim1.jpg

:applause: Great books, I always liked this issue.

jim1.jpg

:applause: Great books, I always liked this issue.

I know that this is not Journey Into Mystery Vol. 1 based on the cover and date, but I think CGC should note that this is either "Vol. 2" or "Second Series" on the label.

Well, I can tell you most all of them had incredibly low print runs. These things are MUCH harder to find than AF 15 or such rare keys. It's rare to find these online at all, but when you do, it's hard to find two similar copies. I'd never even heard of the Polish ones until the member who sold these to me explained the history behind them. I'll try to see if I can find the print run in the comic, but it can't have been more than about 1000. Most of those probably went unsold and were destroyed, and the others disappeared or worn out over time. I believe these were printed in the US since they mostly match the paper quality and material.

Rarity depends on the country, though. There are many German and British comics graded on the census, but zero Hungarian, Russian or Polish comics. There are LCS's that stock back issues in Germany and Spain, and probably others. However, I haven't heard of any in Mexico. It also gets hard to find these since lots of smaller countries don't have eBay, but rather smaller auction sites that don't get as many users and aren't as secure. I've been lucky in finding these via the odd eBay listing, and some very nice members on this board who live in countries like Poland, Spain, Belgium and Japan.

The Danish reprints of Spider-Man (which I collected when I was growing up in Denmark) had print runs in the 20-30k range in the 1980s & 1990s - there's no chance whatsoever Marvel would ever give a license to a foreign publisher if said publisher was only going to print 1,000 copies of their flagship title. They were also printed locally - which is the case for pretty much all of Marvel's european reprints.

The Danish reprints of Spider-Man (which I collected when I was growing up in Denmark) had print runs in the 20-30k range in the 1980s & 1990s - there's no chance whatsoever Marvel would ever give a license to a foreign publisher if said publisher was only going to print 1,000 copies of their flagship title. They were also printed locally - which is the case for pretty much all of Marvel's european reprints.

Thanks for the corrected info (thumbs u

This is still a learning process for me as well. 20-30k :o I'd love to find some of those in unopened, Mint condition.