• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,135 posts in this topic

Not really in my "collection", but I went and bought a 37,000 book original owner collection that spans 1964 to 2008. I have an insane amount of work in front of me, but hoping to have it processed by C2E2 next year.

truck_zps1cf063f2.jpg

Please feel free to contact me if you come across any Transformers books.

Won a Bronze Age Horror lot recently.

All Neal Adams covers.

No nose bleeds but nice affordable copies for the completest in all of us.

House of Secrets 90, a gothic horror lady for my collection (I know she's not in white, but I'll forgive her), pairs well with my low grade SS copy.

tfD95ZO.jpg

Witching Hour 13, lowest grade in the lot, but classic cover!

vpeZ5bU.jpg

House of Mystery 189 with WHITE pages

7Dqh7gJ.jpg

Phantom Stranger #13

GHf6eCC.jpg

And Phantom Stranger #12 White pages again, and one of my favorite covers.

JehTrY5.jpg

Got this at my LCS today-- he took 'offers' on it for about two weeks-- mine was best I guess. Now I have two!

today's

Avengers1vp_zpsfa012a6e.jpg

and the one I already had.

Avengers119630001_zps376644d7.jpg

I found lots of good stuff in the 0.50 and dollar bins at Big Wow! on Sunday.

8807964212_36356371b0_z.jpg

Thor #300, that Jimmy Olsen and all the Howard The Ducks were mostly between $2-3 except Howard #12 and 13.

Edited by JokersBoner

I've had Night Nurse #4 on my Lady in White list for a while.

Every copy has either been way overpriced, lower grade raw or nowhere to be found. Thanks to 4GEMWORKS for selling me this one. He had the 4 issue run (all CGCed) for sale on eBay, I asked him about the posibility of breaking them up, and he was great to work with... and now I have this beauty.

aR3PW2R.jpg

Not comic books I know, and probably more relevant for a non-sports card blog, but collecting all 9 of the Doctor Strange related cards in the "Superhero Squad Trading Card Game" is next to impossible... so I thought I'd share.

These are actual cards based on online video game versions and very few people have even heard that the game has been released in "physical" form, let alone have been collecting them.

A big thank you to a young man named Scott Johnson for helping me gather the last few of these I needed. Getting two of these cards from him was the first sale he ever made online! (Don't worry, I sent the kid a bunch of extra stuff for helping me out!)

strange_shs_rpg.jpg

Posted in the OA section, but I thought I would post it here as well.

One of my favorite bands since I was in middle school has always been (A) New Found Glory.

In issue 591 of Amazing Spider-Man, the band was mentioned in one panel.

mQRWdO7FUmhzhup1MIe4yH5Wo1_500.jpg

Off I went looking for the page of original artwork. The problem began with finding out that three different artist worked on the book, Barry Kitson, Dave Eaglesham, and Jesse Delperdang. I began searching and ultimately found the page in the Dave Eaglesham section on theartistschoice.com. Thanks to the Christmas sale I was even able to get it for a great deal.

asm591007_zps5d5fc734.jpg

With my new grail hanging on my wall I started to wonder what to do with the blank space. I thought about getting a stat made of the top panel and placing it with it, but that seemed kind of cheesy to me. Being the NFG fan I am and the ease of meeting the band (which I've done 5 of the 7 times I've seen them) I thought it would be cool to get the band to sign the page (Sacrilege! I know).

Well, last night (May 23rd) they were performing at the Thompson House in Newport, Ky for their 10 year anniversary of their album 'Sticks and Stones'. When we arrived I found out the show was sold out, luckily I purchased my tickets the week they became available.

IMAG1280_zpsea8e6bc7.jpg

Anyhow, after the show (which was awesome) I stayed out back with my page and waited for the band to come out. One by one each member would mosey around and I would get them to sign. It was great seeing each members face asking my what it was or where it came from. Generally each interaction include the phrase "holy f$#@, that's awesome!". Steve, the guitar player, even asked me "so this is the only one... ever?". I thought it was pretty cool seeing everyone reaction. Cyrus, the drummer, even told me he didn't own a copy of the book and should probably get one.

Here is a photo of Jordan Pundik, singer, with my after I finished getting all of the members to sign the page.

IMG_6478_zpsf6bd6acc.jpg

This is a the page now.

IMAG1287_zps6aee6547.jpg

And.. a closeup.

IMAG1288_zpsf21d211a.jpg

So all in all it was a great evening and a large chapter closed in my grail search.

achievement_unlocked.png

Now on to find out how I can get the band to sign the issue and get it graded as well. Hmmmm....

Here's a bonus picture of one of my heroes Ian Grushka, the bassist, and I.

IMG_4838_zpsa501c21f.jpg

Pop-Punks not dead!

-CRNBRD