• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,150 posts in this topic

Well...they just arrived and she didn't even seem to care...awesome!

^^

Wives are funny that way. Many, many MANY times the Mrs. didn't seem to care. The trick is not to abuse that apathy, which can be very easy to do. Otherwise all the little purchases MAY turn out to be stockpiled ammunition for one HELL of an arsenal :makepoint:

^^

Wives are funny that way. Many, many MANY times the Mrs. didn't seem to care. The trick is not to abuse that apathy, which can be very easy to do. Otherwise all the little purchases MAY turn out to be stockpiled ammunition for one HELL of an arsenal :makepoint:

That seems like very good advice!

Posted in BA forum. It wasn't cheap, but it was a good deal considering how expensive this book has been selling for.

batman222.jpg

After two years, I'm almost complete with my Adams Bat collection. Of the few remaining books left, a reasonably priced Detective 411 remains as the only other significant book I need.

^^

That seems like very good advice!

Unless you are watching them like a hawk, i guarantee your wives are NOT telling you exactly how much each purse, pair of shoes, outfit is costing :gossip:

1st rule of comic collecting for married men, ALL comics, i dont care if its an AF15, ALL COMICS cost "like $40" (thumbs u

1st rule of comic collecting for married men, ALL comics, i dont care if its an AF15, ALL COMICS cost "like $40" (thumbs u

$40?! :o In my house, they're all twenty bucks! $25 with shipping! ;)

Thats an even better rule! (worship)

Thats an even better rule! (worship)

My wife is a Billing Administrator for a Doctor's office and pretty much the family accountant. She knows what's being spent. :ohnoez:

As long as I don't touch the savings or checking accounts, don't use the CC and pay off all Paypal purchases before months end :rulez: , I'm relatively "safe".

Edited by MR-SigS

My wife runs triathlons and ironmans so luckily or unluckily for me depending how you look at it, her "hobby" is just as expensive if not more so than mine so she really cant say anything about my comic purchases :banana:

Words of a truly wise man (worship)

That was more or less what I used to tell my father when I started collecting italian 1930s-1960s (pricey) Disney comics when I was fourteen. I had to buy them when he did not see, problem was that I did not have a car to go to conventions, so I had to take my chances when they presented themselves… And also, I did not have a weekly allowance (shrug)

Luckily my grandmother was always there to supply cash when I needed it, and she understood pretty well how much I loved comics… (thumbs u

lol

I know the books you buy so you either have the most understanding wife on the planet or follow the "$40" rule hm

lol

I know the books you buy so you either have the most understanding wife on the planet or follow the "$40" rule hm

40 euros in my case :grin:

Always "40", even if 2-3 books show up at the door.

It's a magical number that keeps us alive ;)

My recent purchase has been a full run of the Daredevils (#1-11) in beautiful condition. :cloud9:

Very tough to get in high grade, I seem to get, as those UK magazines are as much delicate as regular comic books. Each one contains original material (Alan Moore/Alan Davis' Captain Britain) and the Miller Daredevil stories in B&W.

Isg1eEPh.jpg

hJfO3M3h.jpg

My wife runs triathlons and ironmans so luckily or unluckily for me depending how you look at it, her "hobby" is just as expensive if not more so than mine so she really cant say anything about my comic purchases :banana:

Yeah, I bet that DOES get spendy, just at the grocery store alone (eating healthy ain't cheap)

Or "I traded some other books for this one." :foryou:

:o

I am not alone.

:banana:

:o

I am not alone.

:banana:

I don't have that problem. I'm channeling my conversations way back when I was married to Matilda the Hun.

I've used that one a LOT! :devil: