• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,135 posts in this topic

While not in great shape; a nice garage sale find.

140034.jpg

Holy ....I do not see this often...1st appearance of Prince Hawk Erickson and Windblade Grensleve. Circ - 500 and distributed only in Ottawa; Canada. Barry Blair’s first story with 8 page back-up story The Guardian by Mike Burchill and Don Lanouette.

Nice snag :golfclap:

Edited by whocares

While attending Wizard World I came across a dealer who had 4 slabbed copies of Avengers 57. Grades of 9.2,9.0,8.0, and 7.5 . I swear, in hand, the 7.5 looked the best, absolutely perfect centering. Resisting the inclination to buy the highest , I bought the book, not the grade......

RADD324B2013523_1317551.jpg

Another example from Wizard World where I bought the book and not the grade. Incredible freshness, bleeding inks, and nicely centered. I think I see the flaw holding it down, a light printer's track only visible at an angle.

RADB38DB201343_1310311.jpg

Another example from Wizard World where I bought the book and not the grade. Incredible freshness, bleeding inks, and nicely centered. I think I see the flaw holding it down, a light printer's track only visible at an angle.

Great buy.

Can you explain what a printers track is?

Great buy.

Can you explain what a printers track is?

Thanks for the compliments !

I probably have the wrong term but it's something like that. It's a light impression in a very straight line with a little width, maybe 1/8 inch.Something in the printing process itself, probably from the rollers. It may have happened while they were calibrating the machine, one of the first off the line. That would explain the bright, wet looking inks.

I'll take it off your hands ;)

Great looking book!

are you looking for all foreign language old spider-woman's too? mark jeweler's? UK versions?

Neat Greek books:

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

I'm not a big Batman fan but I couldn't resist the opportunity to acquire this

iconic cover with White pages and Pedigree.

IMG_3785.jpg

(worship)

are you looking for all foreign language old spider-woman's too? mark jeweler's? UK versions?

. The UK version doesn't interest me as much as editions where the title isn't in English.