• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Not really...

Just undergraded.

He called it VG.

Looks 7.0 to me.

A 8.0 with a top corner non-color breaking crease that doesn't touch the pages.

Wow. Good pickup there. If you want to triple your money, let me know. tongue.gif The ST 1 was under-graded as well. The seller called it VG, I would give it a F+.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Jeff the Drunk was the only part of Stern's shiitty TV show I enjoyed, but my Avatar is really Jesse the Body Ventura taken from his guest spot as a man in black from "Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'". Best X-Files episode ever.

I know you l'il bish. He did remind me of Jeff though with the hat on...

You can't tell sarcasm or a joking tone through writing, you assmaster. tongue.gif My next avatar will be Jeff the Drunk. I switch about twice a day now. boo.gif

The last thing anyone could call me would be a Hawkman collector. But when I saw this book in Chicago, the cover colors just jumped out at me and I had to have it. One of my favorite books from the show.

896873-Hawk.jpg

I love those Hawkman covers!!! That is an awesome book!

I have always wondered if the "white" area between Hawk and Lion Mane was a mistake. I mean, why isn't there blue sky there? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The last thing anyone could call me would be a Hawkman collector. But when I saw this book in Chicago, the cover colors just jumped out at me and I had to have it. One of my favorite books from the show.

896873-Hawk.jpg

I love those Hawkman covers!!! That is an awesome book!

I have always wondered if the "white" area between Hawk and Lion Mane was a mistake. I mean, why isn't there blue sky there? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You know, you are right. NOW see what you've done. I didn't even notice that. foreheadslap.gif Now every time I look at this book all I will see is that non-colored area. Dangit! You ruined the whole thing. sorry.gif

Well, I guess you'll just have to sell it to me now. devil.gif

Actually, the thought of selling it did actually occur to me for a moment. Such a nice book with beautiful colors, but seriously, that white spot really bugs me now. I was considering displaying this book on my wall, but now it will sit in a dark box without any attention as the black sheep of my Silver DC Family. Dang cover colorists!

Well, now that THAT purchase is ruined for me, I thought I'd scan another book that I bought just for fun. $10 for this book and record set. I've been wanting one of these sets just to see how the record sounds. I don't have a turntable but I have a friend who has a turntable hooked up to her computer and some kind of software enabling her to transfer it onto CD. Should be interesting. This set was opened with the book grading at VF, disk looks a little dirty, but unused. Small bubble on one side though, not sure if that will cause a skip. Any thoughts on this or the other sets regarding the voice acting on the record?

897624-record.jpg

897624-record.jpg.998232c6778b9289b907123d48ee17b4.jpg

It really does ruin it. If I had noticed it at the show I would have pointed it out before you bought it. frown.gifforeheadslap.gif

Here...just print this out and stick it inside the Mylar. You'll sleep better.

Red

bluehawk.jpg

It really does ruin it. If I had noticed it at the show I would have pointed it out before you bought it. frown.gifforeheadslap.gif

Here...just print this out and stick it inside the Mylar. You'll sleep better.

Red

bluehawk.jpg

Now THAT looks nice. Hey Brad, can you do that to my BOOK? Wait, foreheadslap.gif then if I ever get it graded I'd receive a PLOD. What's more important in a case like this, a nice looking book in a PLOD or an untouched copy with an error so big that it sticks out like a sore thumb?

Edit: Wait a minute, it wouldn't be a PLOD, it would be a GLOD. Or would it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Edited by BassGMan

Ok, so I've been stalking this book for a week and I just came out on top mere minutes ago. 3-d Batman, slabbed 7.0, the 60's printing. In my experience, this is one tough book...I never come across a copy that is both in nice shape and has the original glasses. I was hoping to slide by at under $100, but I figure I did alright, given that I got it for the raw 6.0 price. Any thoughts? You guys think OS is on or off target on this book?

PS Heritage has a 9.0 copy in their sig auction, and it hasn't yet met reserve. I thought about passing on this one and giving a go on that one, but my spidey-sense detects that it will close for a high price once it's on the floor, and I'd rather put my heavy pennies in golden age books at this point.

Curious to hear some opinions on this book, and the accuracy of the OS on this one (GPA is of no help here)...now I have to continue to seek out the 50's version of this sweet sucker. insane.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-D-BATMAN-1966-CGC-...7QQcmdZViewItem

You got a rare 60s major superhero book complete with an accessory that I am sure was removed the majority of the time (think ASM 238) for under guide. I have never seen that cover before, but I like it. I would say you did very well, especially considering the fact that you will probably not see it again anytime soon.

thumbsup2.gif

Beauty FF and the Hawkman cover-nice Power Records Bass G!!! As for the CC collection two( 2 ) nice additions Hulk 181 raw 5.5-6.0 and a X-Men 94 8.5-9.0, so some nice raw grabs-kept both under $ 750-so pleased. thumbsup2.gif

Edited by Currin Comics