• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,154 posts in this topic

You got a rare 60s major superhero book complete with an accessory that I am sure was removed the majority of the time (think ASM 238) for under guide. I have never seen that cover before, but I like it. I would say you did very well, especially considering the fact that you will probably not see it again anytime soon.

thumbsup2.gif

flowerred.gif

I've been thinking for awhile now about putting together a 3-d comic book collection...not sure yet if I'll go through with it, but I'm definitely on the hunt for a nice copy of the 50's batman 3-d comic, which is like uber-tough.

I remember I had a bunch of 3d comics in the early 80s as a kid, always thought they were fun. Plus I remember the good ole days when the local channels used to put a godzilla 3-d movie on the tube and you could go pick up a free pair of of those awful red/blue glasses a week before the show at the local quickie mart. cloud9.gif

It wasn't until I got back into comics in a big way several years back that I realized how far back the whole 3-d thing went, what with those Harvey 3-d comics from the 50s and all. 893whatthe.gif

Congrats Head! Nice piece of pop culture you acquired there! thumbsup2.gif

headbang.gif

The Heritage 9.0 copy actually went for less than I'd thought it would (a little shy of $300).....I may upgrade someday if opportunity arises, but for now I'll be content with a sharp 7.0 and the extra $170 in my pocket.

Well, now that THAT purchase is ruined for me, I thought I'd scan another book that I bought just for fun. $10 for this book and record set. I've been wanting one of these sets just to see how the record sounds. I don't have a turntable but I have a friend who has a turntable hooked up to her computer and some kind of software enabling her to transfer it onto CD. Should be interesting. This set was opened with the book grading at VF, disk looks a little dirty, but unused. Small bubble on one side though, not sure if that will cause a skip. Any thoughts on this or the other sets regarding the voice acting on the record?

897624-record.jpg

I got that book and record set when I was a kid from a Woolworth's where they had a guy dressed in an Adam West Batman costume signing the cover. I remember liking the record, but I was about 8 years old, so who knows?

Congrats on the Bat 3-D! I've always wanted the '66 version, mainly because I'm fascinated with the Batmania of the era. I think the book you purchased has an ad for the television show on the back cover.

I got this presidential comic in the mail today. Reagan is headlining with Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis! Reagan story by Kiefer and Martin / Lewis story by Ledoux. Oh and ignore the ULC rip... What's not to love about Movie Love.

902948-MovieLove13s.jpg

902948-MovieLove13s.jpg.34d2aa7aeea7e0afdd6aa14541baf1b3.jpg

I'll give you boyz a review of it when I get it. This issue was the second one I bought off the stands back in 1966, so it has different levels of value to me. cloud9.gif