• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,148 posts in this topic

X-Men 59 From the collection of Joe and Nadia Mannarino

15082001041o.jpghail.gif My favorite cover of the Adams run.

gossip.gif I got a couple of X-men coming back from sunny Florida in a couple of weeks.

The colors are great on that cover, those issues in the 50's and 60's are the best. Good luck on those X-Men from CGC.

Just got this one Saturday. yay.gif

mmc88.jpg

Man, SWEET book!!!!

As far as my collection (and I feel kind of out-of-place sharing this, because I've been concentrating more on reading lately than buying), I've been able to complete and read the following mini series lately:

- Green Lantern vs. Aliens (pretty good; glad I was able to finally get all 4 issues)

- Green Lantern: The New Corps (good; again, glad I was finally able to complete it)

- Hulk/Thing: Hard Knocks (hated the art, and the story could/should have been done in either 2 regular issues or an annual; anyone who paid full price for these issues deserves their money back)

- Avengers: Celestial Quest (passable/o.k. story - I really thought it was going to suck when I first started reading it, but it was able to tread water; glad I got the set cheap)

- Incredible Hulk: Future Imperfect (good story; the sequel, the novel "What Savage Beast", is just as good if not better)

Another good week for my blossoming spidey collection. Still haven't graduated to the $150+ issues, but I'm picking up lots of runs in the meantime.

Just received a full run of Web of Spider-Man (1-129, Annuals 1-10) from eBayer mask_collector2001, all in vf to nm condition. good stuff.

Expecting a full run of Webspinners Tales of Spider-Man (1-18) in the next day or so from eBayer mutedemon.

Picked up a handful of higher issue ASMs from board member whet.

Also won this week's raffle over at MyParentsComics.com thumbsup2.gif , so I've got a Green Lantern #48 on its way.

I took a chance on the high-volume eBay seller 29frank29 and, for once, I am glad I did. He has a somewhat checkered reputation (and he send the comic in an unprotected bubblemailer blush.gif), but I am VERY happy with this one. I would have had to pay 5-6 times as much for this book at a show. It's a gorgous copy with white pages to boot. grin.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

DMFL3.jpg

I took a chance on the high-volume eBay seller 29frank29 and, for once, I am glad I did. He has a somewhat checkered reputation (and he send the comic in an unprotected bubblemailer blush.gif), but I am VERY happy with this one....

Yikes.

His address reminded me of the box of loose, unbagged, chipping comic books I got from him, including reprints (10 y later) claimed as originals, loose covers wrapped around the wrong book, etc. He did cough up a modest adjustment, but once was enough. You got lucky to buy such an attractive book from him!

Jack

I took a chance on the high-volume eBay seller 29frank29 and, for once, I am glad I did. He has a somewhat checkered reputation (and he send the comic in an unprotected bubblemailer blush.gif), but I am VERY happy with this one....

Yikes.

His address reminded me of the box of loose, unbagged, chipping comic books I got from him, including reprints (10 y later) claimed as originals, loose covers wrapped around the wrong book, etc. He did cough up a modest adjustment, but once was enough. You got lucky to buy such an attractive book from him!

Jack

I have passed on tons of his auctions in the past. I was hesitant this time as well, but it looked too good from the scan to pass up, especially at $10. He got the book here in under a week too! 893whatthe.gif

His address reminded me of the box of loose, unbagged, chipping comic books I got from him, including reprints (10 y later) claimed as originals, loose covers wrapped around the wrong book, etc. ...

I have passed on tons of his auctions in the past. I was hesitant this time as well, but it looked too good from the scan to pass up, especially at $10. He got the book here in under a week too! 893whatthe.gif

The supressed memories are slowly coming back.

Post-its stuck to the covers of 50-year-old comics that took a divot of color when removed, grouchy reply to complaint (no one else minds the post-its), and correpondent was usually she (Dawn) not he (Frank).

You really did get lucky.

Jack

His address reminded me of the box of loose, unbagged, chipping comic books I got from him, including reprints (10 y later) claimed as originals, loose covers wrapped around the wrong book, etc. ...

The supressed memories are slowly coming back.

Post-its stuck to the covers of 50-year-old comics that took a divot of color when removed, grouchy reply to complaint (no one else minds the post-its), and correpondent was usually she (Dawn) not he (Frank).

You really did get lucky.

Jack

893whatthe.gif I will leave my purchases from him at 2/2 (I bought a HOS 83 from the same series of auctions that turned out ok) and leave it at that.

To everyone

some weeks ago i just got a very, very nice AMS lot from Steve "albino pre-hero" chap.

some of my all time fav. storys, covers, moments are on these comics (and a few others that i'll post later on).

i took some pics in a way of sharing my joy and sending a big thank you to this community trust worthy sellers wink.gif and a special note to Steve. flowerred.gif

best regards, enjoy the pics

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

DSC08757.jpg

DSC08758.jpg

DSC08759.jpg

DSC08760.jpg

DSC08761.jpg

DSC08762.jpg

DSC08763.jpg

DSC08764.jpg

DSC08765.jpg

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif