• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,148 posts in this topic

If you're too busy,I could take it to the dump the next time that I go insane.gif.We wouldn't want it taking up valuable living space....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

I'll take some insides scan later.

The hockey game starts in 5 mins. hi.gif

Ayers butchered the Thing. foreheadslap.gif

NICE.One of my best friends (a couple years older than me)picked that book up off the stands.He said he almost read it on the spot because it hooked his interest so completely.Those 1965-1966 FF's got downright profound.Your copy looks like it has a shot of making it to the 9's.GOD BLESS...

NICE.One of my best friends (a couple years older than me)picked that book up off the stands.He said he almost read it on the spot because it hooked his interest so completely.Those 1965-1966 FF's got downright profound.Your copy looks like it has a shot of making it to the 9's.GOD BLESS...

Thanks Jim...keeping my 893crossfingers-thumb.gif for at least a 9.0

Some of the worst art I've seen in the SA...

1233198-ST116.jpg

I disagree. Overall composition is nice and the coloring job is interesting. As far as the Thing is concerned, go see FF 18 & 19. He's as "rocky" on those covers. The difference with ST 116 is the use of greytone...

Nice copy! thumbsup2.gif

Some of the worst art I've seen in the SA...

1233198-ST116.jpg

I disagree. Overall composition is nice and the coloring job is interesting. As far as the Thing is concerned, go see FF 18 & 19. He's as "rocky" on those covers. The difference with ST 116 is the use of greytone...

Nice copy! thumbsup2.gif

The cover is OK.

The insides are 893censored-thumb.gif !

I'm scanning now.

It's slow when I'm on-line and scanning at the same time.

Crudy old computer... makepoint.gif

I have to admit that I really like the cover, being different from the norm of thing.

The interior is hideous. I'll have to pull it out and read it now, just to feel the pain.

Page 6

1233502-ST116p6.jpg

Actually he did a fair job with the Torch, but just messed up Ben.

I think I could do better. crazy.gif

1233502-ST116p6.jpg.cb2da7e7c8cca57e5684625640bf7ef5.jpg

I always liked Bell inks on Kirby(except FF 25 & 26 interiors).He doesn't seem to be a good match for Ayers,however.That cover to ST 116 has always been one of my favorites even though some disagree.I'm actually trying to pick up a high grade copy of it right now.George Bell(Roussos) was the first artist to give the "rocky" look to the Thing.I was looking at some of that Greg Land art in Ultimate Fantastic Four last night,and was thinking about how far things have come since those early days.I don't see how he can do such intricate work and keep a deadline.Back to the subject,hopefully 893crossfingers-thumb.gifI'll be able to post another copy of this one for those of you who don't hate it 27_laughing.gif.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)

It's in the hands of the USPS now.But I've always been the kind to not count my chickens before they hatch.USPS is definitely my most trusted carrier.I really appreciate you tipping me off to that book.Thanks and GOD BLESS...

p.s. The ayers/bell art may not be the best ever,but my vote for worst early silver interior art would probably be the Al Hartley job in JIM 90.Funny thing is,Hartley did a REAL GOOD job on war,western,fantasy,and romance.The JIM job must've been last minute.

Another TTA gets crossed off the list...

1233194-TTA37.jpg

Grade?

VG as Doc Banner said. thumbsup2.gif

Would be a VG+ but a little chip is out on the back.

Dr. Banner's grading is impeccable.I would buy a book from him on his word alone(no scan).A VG SHOULD be a pretty book.If not for other commitments,I would have gone for several from his last batch.GOD BLESS...