• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,144 posts in this topic

ourlovestory26.jpg

Anyone know who did this cover?

John Romita.

I don't claim to be an absolute authority here but if the two covers below are Romita and I know they are, then how can the one above be Romita?????

Two different styles here and I've never seen anything drawn by Romita that looks like that cover to Our Love Story 26.

Opinions?

MyLove4.jpg

MyLove5.jpg

Hi,

had posted my latest purchase in the Detective thread in the Golden Age section but as so many read the Comics General section thought I'd share it with you.

Purchased Monday and awaiting delivery:

Detective Comics #31 CGC App 8.0 (MP):

Vault Auctions

As stated in the Detective thread I'll be grinning from ear to ear for the rest of the week cloud9.gif

Nice book. Wouldn't a mid grade blue label copy go for about the same price? Only reason I ask is because I think there is a copy coming up for sale on Heritage or CL?

I think a Comiclink 5.0 blue label copy was bought for $12,000 a few months ago.

I think this restored 8.0 copy was a great pickup at the price he paid thumbsup2.gif

Nice book. Wouldn't a mid grade blue label copy go for about the same price? Only reason I ask is because I think there is a copy coming up for sale on Heritage or CL?

If by mid-grade you mean 6.0, it would sell for substantially more. 5.0 copies are selling in the 8-10K range.

If by mid-grade you mean 6.0, it would sell for substantially more. 5.0 copies are selling in the 8-10K range.

Maybe I'm getting confused with a similar Tec issue? I thought a 4.5 recently sold for around 5 bills. confused.gif

Maybe I'm getting confused with a similar Tec issue? I thought a 4.5 recently sold for around 5 bills. confused.gif

GPA isn't showing a sale for a 4.5, but the last two 4.0 copies sold for 7K and 8K.

Might have been thinking of issue #29 or something, the one with Batman jumping off a small bridge onto some guys in a car coming out of a tunnel? Its one of those early classic Tec covers I'm getting confused with but a nice book nonetheless.

Probably thinking of issue 33, it's his origin issue.