• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,135 posts in this topic

My copy of Our Fighting Forces #71 just arrived!!! After missing out on a 9.2 copy on Heritage (at nearly 6x guide!) I was chuffed to get this one for a c-note. I'm snapping it out of the slab tonight.

The best greytone cover of all time, imho.

Shep

7b_3.jpg

Showcase 80 - Curator copy

sc80curatordg6.jpg

How do you know it's a Curator? Does it have a COA? Stupid question i know but im not really down with pedigree books. I just bought a Curator CGC ASM book so i was wondering what the distinguishing features are on these? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How do you know it's a Curator? Does it have a COA? Stupid question i know but im not really down with pedigree books. I just bought a Curator CGC ASM book so i was wondering what the distinguishing features are on these? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't think there are any distinguishing features... other than high grade and white pages.

My copy of Our Fighting Forces #71 just arrived!!! After missing out on a 9.2 copy on Heritage (at nearly 6x guide!) I was chuffed to get this one for a c-note. I'm snapping it out of the slab tonight.

Shep

7b_3.jpg

Thats the first time I noticed that dog on the cover. screwy.gif

Showcase 80 - Curator copy

sc80curatordg6.jpg

Bought it from John Hauser directly who provided me with a COA. Not all the books that he has sold raw was given one in the past. No real distinguishing marks but the books that I have seen raw have all really nice white pages and a fresh smell. cloud9.gif

It's also a Roy Lichtenstein source, if you care about that sort of thing. I wish I had my copy to check which panel. (the joy of not caring about high-grade. $5 for about fine-)

Jack

It's also a Roy Lichtenstein source, if you care about that sort of thing. I wish I had my copy to check which panel. (the joy of not caring about high-grade. $5 for about fine-)

Jack

In case you haven't seen it, there's a great website that breaks down some of Lichtenstein's sources.

http://hans.presto.tripod.com/scan/davidbarsalou.html

I also have an undercopy of that book... $7 for FN.

Shep